• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,339 posts in this topic

On 3/26/2024 at 3:41 PM, Khamul02 said:

Super late to this discussion.. I have an email from Mike.. in Nov 2023 stating he was backed up and would get back to me.  This was from the contact@hrcomics.com account. He has my ASM 15. I know it was disassembled a couple years ago to add a page (that was missing and purcheds seperatly). I know it isn't a huge book but I would like to get it back or some of the money I paid for it. 

Currently my emails are going unanswered. I have seen random solutions on this thread. Can someone give me next steps? I think I paid him with my credit card.. but like many of you my preference is to get my book back.. even if it is in pieces.. it took a long time to round up the exact missing page to make it complete (married). 

When you say that he said he was "backed up" is that him admitting that he is quite literally full of excrement ?

Side note to Michael DeChellis who is probably reading this.... Sup' BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Edited by Buzzetta

On 3/26/2024 at 2:41 PM, Khamul02 said:

Super late to this discussion.. I have an email from Mike.. in Nov 2023 stating he was backed up and would get back to me.  This was from the contact@hrcomics.com account. He has my ASM 15. I know it was disassembled a couple years ago to add a page (that was missing and purcheds seperatly). I know it isn't a huge book but I would like to get it back or some of the money I paid for it. 

Currently my emails are going unanswered. I have seen random solutions on this thread. Can someone give me next steps? I think I paid him with my credit card.. but like many of you my preference is to get my book back.. even if it is in pieces.. it took a long time to round up the exact missing page to make it complete (married). 

Please be careful of Flake Tapper and do not give him any money you are not comfortable loosing.

I am sure his zoom calls to discuss legal action are totally legit but nothing he has actually posted supports that yet.

As for your predicament; you are out money and will 99.999% never see any reimbursement. Your book is likely still in pieces and worse off than original, from reading the comments Mike has stopped all communication, has sold customer books, reported others as "stolen" (he likely sold them), and seems to just be ignoring everything laying low.

Winning a civil case against Mike will not be difficult, collecting on any judgement will. In addition that judgement will first go to additional attorney fees then to (all) customers. I am not telling you to give up, but moderation of expectations is needed after you file the appropriate disputes with the AG, police, etc.

It has been explained numerous times that Flake and Cantina are two people who work together and jointly using the email account. They are not Mike and there is no evidence they are up to anything shady. Sheesh. Enough already... it's an unnecessary distraction.  :facepalm:

On 3/27/2024 at 7:41 AM, Mr. Zipper said:

It has been explained numerous times that Flake and Cantina are two people who work together and jointly using the email account. They are not Mike and there is no evidence they are up to anything shady. Sheesh. Enough already... it's an unnecessary distraction.  :facepalm:

And we all know that no one lies on the internet.

On 3/27/2024 at 8:41 AM, Mr. Zipper said:

THANK YOU!  I agree with others about 'send no money' - but that would be in ANY SITUATION where you don't personally know someone on the Internet. I met Cantina via chat - seemed legit AND DID NOT ASK FOR MONEY.  He has his reasons for keeping a low profile and I respect that.   These posts take the focus off of the issue at hand.  Getting anything back from HR, MD or anyone else involved (eBay, PayPal).  My book was sold without my knowledge or compensation to me on eBay.  Other books sold by that same account appear to be customers of Mike / HR, so it appears he sold them without our knowledge or consent.  So hopefully something can come of that for me and others.

On 3/27/2024 at 9:29 AM, mattn792 said:

And we all know that no one lies on the internet.

So I agree that many do.  So don't send him money - but don't crucify him either.  IMO he's trying to help and they are good guys. 

On 3/27/2024 at 6:59 AM, Sigur Ros said:

I know I'm only 12 but I couldn't help but notice something.

Starting March 7, in your "final post here".

Screenshot_20240327_064230_Chrome2.thumb.jpg.986b317282ea7b4ce2a6c6dba800243b.jpgScreenshot_20240327_064042_Chrome2.thumb.jpg.4783eb03c709dabe532146826e4ec7a8.jpgScreenshot_20240327_064019_Chrome2.thumb.jpg.4d897dd390494f113472b290bd629d24.jpg

All off this Cloak and Dagger stuff started because of Mike and his behavior.  No one knew who to trust and if there were 'plants' on this board (as apparently there were on the older locked post).  What I'm starting to wonder is that everyone pointing at FLAKE has an ulterior motive.  What's the point of sewing mistrust here?  Doesn't do anything to move this forward.  

So if Mike sold customer's books doesn't that open a new path to criminal charges? Its one thing to argue you are just really delayed and never had any intention to not complete the work, its quite another when you are selling books that aren't yours. 

On 3/27/2024 at 9:00 AM, wombat said:

So if Mike sold customer's books doesn't that open a new path to criminal charges? Its one thing to argue you are just really delayed and never had any intention to not complete the work, its quite another when you are selling books that aren't yours. 

Yes, it’s called Conversion.

On 3/27/2024 at 9:45 AM, Neo "The One" said:

All off this Cloak and Dagger stuff started because of Mike and his behavior.  No one knew who to trust and if there were 'plants' on this board (as apparently there were on the older locked post).  What I'm starting to wonder is that everyone pointing at FLAKE has an ulterior motive.  What's the point of sewing mistrust here?  Doesn't do anything to move this forward.  

100%. At this point, intentionally or not, the shill drumbeat about flake/cantina is likely doing more harm than good -- that is, potentially disrupting certain efforts to organize victims. 

On 3/27/2024 at 10:14 AM, mattn792 said:

Here’s a start then - what lawyer have they retained?

I've mentioned all of this on the boards previously, but when we spoke at the time, it was not cost effective.  I'd mentioned to them that if we were to seek legal counsel I'd have to meet with that firm directly or via Zoom and confirm it was a reputable one.  That was about as far as the conversation on that topic went.  I did not feel pressure in any way  - they "Flake and Cantina" just strike me as other collectors who've been burned by Mike, and want to explore whatever options they have or collectively anyone that has been harmed in all of this.  I believe the Zoom call was initiated to establish trust.  I've been DM'd by others on this board asking me what they looked like, etc.  1) It wasn't Mike 2) It was not a former employee of HR 3) I did my own sleuthing and feel they are legit. 

On 3/27/2024 at 10:00 AM, wombat said:

Here are some of the suspected books: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?item=256369553490&rt=nc&_ssn=geekbay_since_2003&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

On 3/27/2024 at 7:41 AM, Mr. Zipper said:

So it's totally legitimate and not at all suspicious to give out three different email addresses?

Understandably, most people think that even with a civil/criminal win in court, they may not see anything resembling reimbursement or compensation, and probably not even their books back.  I agree with all of this.

HOWEVER, the argument for getting involved and documenting (legally/law enforcement/communications) your situation with authorities, are the following (even if each individual complaint only adds a little bit) :

1.  It may result in harsher penalties to the criminal/defendant in any eventual legal proceedings.

2.  It will make it harder to declare bankruptcy should anyone try it.  And make you more likely to be notified of bankruptcy should it be filed.

3.  It will make it more likely that law enforcement action will take the complaints more seriously and more quickly.  And more likely that law enforcement will notify you should action be taken.

4.  While I agree that cash compensation is VERY unlikely, the possibility that some books (or records of the sale of those books) are found either at a property, shop, home, family home, storage facility, vehicle, office, or friends house of the suspect are certainly not zero.  The guy has somewhat recently been both giving some books back and trying to (inappropriately) sell others, so it would stand to reason he still has some more of them.  Especially when drugs are involved, organizational skills and memory can be lacking.  Additionally, there is the chance that some of the books could be found in the course of other local criminal investigations (for example if someone pawned a valuable item or if someone traded an item for other illicit wares), so local PD knowing about the books might have some value.

5.  There can be some closure and catharsis with laying out your entire case on paper and just giving to the authorities, so you don't have to think about it any more.  You know you've been the victim of a crime, you know you've done what you can, and you can move on.  And any other positive results that may come back to you are a bonus.

6.  You also don't know what other assets someone has, or who might bail them out, or what assets someone might gain in the future.  Get it down on paper officially filed with someone to give yourself the best chance at it.

With that being said, it should be pretty easy to find out if a lawyer you're considering dealing with is a real lawyer.  If that is a concern of some folks here.  If they are a real lawyer, I can't imagine any lawyer would risk their livelihood and license over a case like this trying to scam folks for a guy like Mike D. 

Edited by revat

On 3/27/2024 at 11:06 AM, Neo "The One" said:

I've mentioned all of this on the boards previously, but when we spoke at the time, it was not cost effective.  I'd mentioned to them that if we were to seek legal counsel I'd have to meet with that firm directly or via Zoom and confirm it was a reputable one.  That was about as far as the conversation on that topic went.  I did not feel pressure in any way  - they "Flake and Cantina" just strike me as other collectors who've been burned by Mike, and want to explore whatever options they have or collectively anyone that has been harmed in all of this.  I believe the Zoom call was initiated to establish trust.  I've been DM'd by others on this board asking me what they looked like, etc.  1) It wasn't Mike 2) It was not a former employee of HR 3) I did my own sleuthing and feel they are legit. 

So Flake’s this my final (not my final) post because we’re moving ahead with legal action was just a bunch of fluff?