• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,339 posts in this topic

On 3/29/2024 at 12:46 PM, mattn792 said:

I’d like to know what exactly they’re afraid of.  Mike sure comes across as unhinged, but as far as I know, he has no documented history of physically attacking or threatening harm to anyone simply asking for their property back.  And as for getting said property back, there’s documented stories in here of victims disclosing their full history of dealing with Mike and subsequently getting their books back.

Again, this secret squirrel cover just feels like a long con playing out.

My understanding was that Mike was making death threats at one time, threatening to put people 'at the back of the line' for books, and not taking kindly to notifications from Lawyers.  I'm not here to defend Flake or Cantina, but I can see their point.  Especially when this thread was started, people were actually getting their books back.  And again, correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!

Edited by Neo "The One"

On 3/29/2024 at 12:57 PM, universal soldier said:

^ This ^

FWIW, I have no skin in this game but it certainly has my radar up.

Squirel Cover - that is a new one to me, but I like it.

On 3/29/2024 at 1:26 PM, KCOComics said:

Comic book related topics I've admitted to being wrong on: 

1)  Hero Restoration has a great reputation, I would use them with confidence. 

2) Guys,  Dylan is just a kid. He'll grow out of this and prove to be a valuable member of our community. 

3) Circa 2011ish $1600 for a JIM83??? Its too common! Once the movie hype dies down the price will plummet!! 

4) Everyone settle down, I'm sure Mike is facing hard times and will be back on his feet and doing the right thing in no time! 

5) High School me...  Spawn 1 will be the next AF15! I'm going to buy 10 copies and start counting the money!! 

I'm guilty on #1 and #4. :tonofbricks:

That said, I considered Mike a "internet friend" who I had known for 10+ years...  and what kind of person does not to give a friend the benefit of the doubt at the beginning?

Seeing conspiracies and scams lurking in every shadow isn't a good approach either, although it makes for better message board drama. They trick is finding the right balance... prudent skepticism vs the sky is always falling.  

On 3/29/2024 at 1:31 PM, wombat said:

Any update from the new people who hopped on recently and said Mike has communicated with them and is sending them back their books?

I've heard nothing for over 1 year now.  Last email was from Jaclyn Kearney

On 3/29/2024 at 1:26 PM, KCOComics said:

And look,  if everything is on the up and up,  I'll admit I'm wrong and openly apologize to Flake and his business associates who share the same email. 

I honestly just want victims made hole and Mike to face consequences. Sadly,  both of those might be far fetched. 

Comic book related topics I've admitted to being wrong on: 

1)  Hero Restoration has a great reputation, I would use them with confidence. 

2) Guys,  Dylan is just a kid. He'll grow out of this and prove to be a valuable member of our community. 

3) Circa 2011ish $1600 for a JIM83??? Its too common! Once the movie hype dies down the price will plummet!! 

4) Everyone settle down, I'm sure Mike is facing hard times and will be back on his feet and doing the right thing in no time! 

5) High School me...  Spawn 1 will be the next AF15! I'm going to buy 10 copies and start counting the money!! 

I'm sure there are dozens of others. So hopefully Flake proves me wrong. 

Just to say - I don't blame anyone (but Mike) for defending Mike in the begining.  The BS seemed palusable, even likely at the time; Heart condition, Covid etc.  And he was a nice, likeable guy (I think?) back in the day.  I was fooled just like everyone else.  ("Won't be fooled again..." Who is that?)  BTW I'm digging the list.  I still have 10 copies of Spawn 1!  LMAO

Cracking up.  Ok - seriously though.  I went back to the "Original" thread about this mess and contacted the person who started it.  The good news is that according to him (though his buddy - please don't kill me on this one) people have gone to the police, and it is firmly on their radar.  He's saying even if you got back your books (in whatever condition) if you lost money STILL GO TO THE POLICE!  For those with 'trust issues' Here's a snippet (didn't include who posted it because it was a DM) :) image.thumb.png.7c4e5c4ca9062811a8ec9587c008d1bd.pngimage.png.faebaeea72b0aaba5e5635e60b10257d.png

Edited by Neo "The One"

Whew, what a read.  4 hrs later I'm thinking what a sad, fubar situation.  Strangely enough reminded me a bit of the movie House of Sand and Fog (each bad decision just keeps incrementally leading to worse and worse outcomes) with a bunch of SBF FTX sprinkled in, all while set in comic book land.  I had to go stream watch several episodes of Comic Book Men to regain my faith in humanity again.  Really hope this situation turns itself around for all parties.

Edited by path4play