• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #252 CGC 9.8 Record Sale - something fishy going on? - Holder Tampering Incident confirmed by CGC
50 50

9,029 posts in this topic

On 2/4/2024 at 5:10 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Will we be getting any further statements from CGC regarding this matter?  I’m curious if there will be an updated list that encompasses all of the scammers submissions.

I would not expect much in terms of statements during ongoing litigation. If something does come out it would be vetted by their legal team. 

On 2/4/2024 at 1:14 PM, sledgehammer said:

That's hilarious. Can we just ignore him?

The same Automatic Comics doosh that did this:

On 12/26/2023 at 10:41 AM, badback83 said:

Not that it really matters much, but for the people who are following along with the Youtube crowd, StickyGoose doesn't think there is a scam.  :roflmao:

Guy is a dope.

We've already seen that he, as Automatic Comics, stole info from comicwiz in his comments, deleted them,, and stated it was his discovery

Automatic Comics (Ryan) and Sticky Goose are two totally different people and totally different YT channels.

On 2/4/2024 at 5:07 PM, GDN said:

Automatic Comics (Ryan) and Sticky Goose are two totally different people and totally different YT channels.

I guess that both of them aren't that bright then.

On 2/4/2024 at 3:16 PM, sledgehammer said:

I guess that both of them aren't that bright then.

I remember.  

FWIW, Ryan addressed that in a subsequent video and gave his side of the story.  Believe him or not, I found his explanation genuine.

Ryan is correct that YT auto-deletes comments with links in them which as you can see from that linked post Comicwiz's comment on Ryan's YT video had.

On 2/4/2024 at 5:20 PM, GDN said:

I remember.  

FWIW, Ryan addressed that in a subsequent video and gave his side of the story.  Believe him or not, I found his explanation genuine.

Ryan is correct that YT auto-deletes comments with links in them which as you can see from that linked post Comicwiz's comment on Ryan's YT video had.

It didn't seem like it had been "auto" deleted. But I'll leave it to Joe to say he's ok with the explanation

On 2/4/2024 at 7:00 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Does creating a brand spanking new LLC after they knew they were found out, protect their assets for all the deeds that occurred prior to the creation of the LLC?  

Don't think creating the LLC after the fact will offer any liability protection for what he's already done... the acts in question were presumably done before and outside the LLC.

But if he's continuing to sell CGC slabs, something CGC is seeking an injunction against, then I suppose subsequent sales through the LLC could limit his liability to the assets the LLC holds.  This assumes though that the court wouldn't pierce the LLC if he loses the CGC litigation.  And presumably if CGC wins, the court would seize and liquidate the LLC if that's where his assets are. 

Edited by EastEnd1

On 2/4/2024 at 6:50 PM, mrd160 said:

These are other identified eBay accounts the scammer used 

1BA12443-70A1-49E7-BA3F-325A06A7D497.jpeg

Why when I hear eBay do I think of the quote from Star Wars "hive of scum and villainy" Do they ever go after scammers? or is it just known as a safe hideout. The Playstation scams were legendary, I could spot tons of them, so why are they all left up, why do they seemingly allow those easily spotted scams to stay up? like all the Princess or Valentino beanie baby scams still UP or other HUGE price scams to try and cheat people? I don't get it, I could go through right now and point out tons of clear scams, a team of a few people could do it easily.  It's time for all companies to hit back, stop the thieves and scammers.

Edited by HighGrade

On 2/4/2024 at 7:09 PM, HighGrade said:

Why when I hear eBay do I think of the quote from Star Wars "hive of scum and villainy" Do they ever go after scammers? or is it just known as a safe hideout. The Playstation scams were legendary, I could spot tons of them, so why are they all left up, why do they seemingly allow those easily spotted scams to stay up? like all the Princess or Valentino beanie baby scams still UP or other HUGE price scams to try and cheat people? I don't get it, I could go through right now and point out tons of clear scams, a team of a few people could do it easily.  It's time for all companies to hit back, stop the thieves and scammers.

Let the buyer beware?:facepalm:

On 2/4/2024 at 3:46 PM, comicwiz said:

I like how he left a comment that referred to me as being unhinged. I guess you missed that in your assessment, but I certainly wouldn't want to influence your decision on what you found genuine or not.

I had a YT channel when these guys were in diapers. I've never, not once removed a comment, even those made by real trolls.

There was nothing I said in my original post that was either impolite, or could have been deemed flagged content. I've had my YT account for over 10 years, and comment on a wide range of topics, it just so happened when I commented on his post, telling him I'd made a discovery, that that's the only comment that got deleted. A few hours later, he posts about a discovery HE MADE.

Happened with Swagglehaus as well, which is where I also left a comment. And more recently when I told him my objections with Borock trying to speak favourably about Haspel - Swagglehaus claimed it was because people wanted to be Switzerland in situations like this. 

You keep relying on these guys for your sanitized, hype-induced analysis, that in a nutsheel is appropriated by the real people doing the work, all under the guise of neutrality. Let's see how that works out for everyone.

I'll stick to calling a spade a spade.

I appreciate everything you have contributed to this thread.  I've read all 390 pages and have followed all your discoveries with great interest.  You've gone above and beyond anyone else in this whole scandal.

In the end, what I think about the AC situation is meaningless.  All I believe is that the explanation he gave makes sense if your original comment(s) did indeed have a URL in it.  Still doesn't mean he is telling the truth but YT does auto-delete any comments with URLs and they don't notify the content provider when they do. 

On 2/4/2024 at 7:08 PM, EastEnd1 said:

Don't think creating the LLC after the fact will offer any liability protection... the acts were presumably done before and outside the LLC.

I didn’t think so but found it strange both the scammers and the CBS owner created fresh LLCs once the heat was on.