• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Certified Collectibles Group to Acquire James Spence Authentication
11 11

376 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

25 bucks an autograph? Ridiculous 

Edit : 27 sigs there. Is this book worth it? Possibly I guess, but not sure I want to find out

20230603_173131.jpg

Edited by Poutine
More information

On 5/7/2024 at 1:22 PM, Poutine said:

Edit : 27 sigs there. Is this book worth it? Possibly I guess, but not sure I want to find out

20230603_173131.jpg

Make sure you pre-screen all 27 to ensure the autographs are 10s.

On 3/26/2024 at 4:39 PM, Qalyar said:

Not necessarily true. I actually don't expect JSA signatures to be labeled the same way as witnessed signatures in part because that would immensely devalue their in-house signings, and lower the market appeal of any witnessed slabs dated after the JSA acquisition.

I don’t know why with this new addition to an already vast amount of yellow labels out there anyone would sent anything in for an in-house signature. You are literally throwing money away if you don’t get a high grade as the market has tanked and will likely never recover fully. Unless you collect rare comics then prepare for more pain as CGC continues to run their cash-grab machine.

On 3/23/2024 at 1:10 PM, DocGo said:

To me, the yellow label signifies “witnessed signature”. I understand your thoughts on the Daredevil book (not to mention green labels) but there is no way it “deserves” a yellow label since it wasn’t witnessed by a CGC rep. Giving “authenticated” signatures the same colored label with just a written notation would not only downgrade the significance of the Signature Series program but also create confusion in the market.

I’ve been a fan of SS for over 17 years now and that would surely end if they gave books with “authenticated signatures” the same label color. I’m fairly certain CGC wouldn't do this but the possibility makes me a tad nervous. I don’t think I’m alone.

Well they just did and yes it will destroy the value of whatever witnessed books you have unless very rare.

On 5/7/2024 at 1:12 PM, Ryan. said:

Autograph grading? O.o

PROD-3609%20CGC%20x%20JSA%20label%20Image%20(5)20240501103543185.png

If I'm understanding the article correctly, you don't have to get the actual autograph graded.  I certainly won't if given the choice.  That's just one more opportunity to devalue the book.

On 5/7/2024 at 1:22 PM, Poutine said:

27 sigs there.

From the submission form you can currently only get 2 sigs verified... so which 2 you gonna pick lol 

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 2:18 PM, wombat said:

What does that mean?

good question - I would guess that if one sig gets a 10 grade and the other an 8, it would show a 9 as an average? or maybe it would show a 18? (shrug)

Edited by dbcn

On 5/7/2024 at 12:22 PM, Poutine said:

20230603_173131.jpg

image.png.ba3ed1162a354af05e734fee485a8c87.png

On 5/7/2024 at 1:01 PM, dbcn said:

From the submission form you can currently only get 2 sigs verified... so which 2 you gonna pick lol 

I wonder if it means 2 at a time? Or 2 period? It sounds like more than 2 unwitnessed sigs per book is a no, no, and I suppose due to the label space but idk yet

• Administrator
On 5/7/2024 at 2:09 PM, wombat said:

What if a book has both witnessed and verified? Same label they showed I guess. 

Correct. 

image.png

• Administrator
On 5/7/2024 at 2:27 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

image.png.ba3ed1162a354af05e734fee485a8c87.png

I wonder if it means 2 at a time? Or 2 period? It sounds like more than 2 unwitnessed sigs per book is a no, no, and I suppose due to the label space but idk yet

CGC x JSA will only offer this service for up to 2 books period.

Example:

If your book has 3 unwitnessed sigs and you requested this Sig Grading service this add on would be removed as it can not apply. 

• Administrator
On 5/7/2024 at 1:50 PM, BeardedBubba said:

If I'm understanding the article correctly, you don't have to get the actual autograph graded.  I certainly won't if given the choice.  That's just one more opportunity to devalue the book.

Correct. This is not a mandatory service. Just an additional offering through CGC x JSA.