• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF #15 CGC 9.0 on the 'link

291 posts in this topic

In my opinion, a copy of B&B #28 has no value. Doesnt matter what the grade is. 0. Nothing. With a mylar 35¢. Without 0.

Steve

Cool! grin.gif In that case, I will magnanimously offer you $1.00 for EACH of those B&B 28s you've got listed on your website, $1.35 if you put them in mylars first! I'd hate for you to clutter up all that shelf space with worthless inventory, so I'm willing to help you out. Charity just runs in my soul.

In my opinion, a copy of B&B #28 has no value. Doesnt matter what the grade is. 0. Nothing. With a mylar 35¢. Without 0.

Steve

Cool! grin.gif In that case, I will magnanimously offer you $1.00 for EACH of those B&B 28s you've got listed on your website, $1.35 if you put them in mylars first! I'd hate for you to clutter up all that shelf space with worthless inventory, so I'm willing to help you out. Charity just runs in my soul.

I read that and was thinking about an old saying about hoistings and petards.

Steve

I'll double it! I'll offer $2 for each of them, PLUS I'll pay for Express Shipping! devil.gif

Steve

I'll double it! I'll offer $2 for each of them, PLUS I'll pay for Express Shipping! devil.gif

Didn't take long for the vultures to start circling... Christo_pull_hair.gif

Steve

He knows better and has probably sold more copies of B&B 28 than most of us. So, he's not talking about dollar value. I guess intrinsic value? I'll go back to Adventure 247. In and of itself, why would anyone pay close to B&B 28 prices for this book? Steve, did Det 225 or Showcase 4 start the Silver Age?

keith

Could be Michael Goldman of Motor City.He supposedly has a ridiculously high grade showcase run that he was going to begin slabbing.I've noticed a few new additions to the CGC gallery,could be the story is true.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

p.s.That 8.0 w/ white pages in the latest Heritage auction sure is a tightly graded

copy.

Could be Michael Goldman of Motor City.He supposedly has a ridiculously high grade showcase run that he was going to begin slabbing.I've noticed a few new additions to the CGC gallery,could be the story is true.GOD BLESS...

p.s.That 8.0 w/ white pages in the latest Heritage auction sure is a tightly graded

copy.

Yes, Michael has the Showcase 4 9.6 copy. Seems like a nice guy, didn't get to meet the book...

Michael is one of my FAVORITE dealers on the big convention circuit.He's very easy to sell to and his grading is very fair.The depth of his inventory is most commendable.If you catch him during a slow moment he has that ability to make you feel important and valued.It's him and a handful of others that motivate me to try and attend the Baltimore Con each year.He's very straight forward and "old school".GOD BLESS...

The 9.6 is viewable on the CGC homepage under the gallery heading.They have thousands of scans of books they have graded over the years.It's all alphabetized and easy to access.One word of warning,make sure you don't have anything to do,you might be there for QUITE a while.GOD BLESS...

Michael is one of my FAVORITE dealers on the big convention circuit.He's very easy to sell to and his grading is very fair.The depth of his inventory is most commendable.If you catch him during a slow moment he has that ability to make you feel important and valued.It's him and a handful of others that motivate me to try and attend the Baltimore Con each year.He's very straight forward and "old school".

Yeah, I wish Motor City would come back to Heroes Con...perhaps they will this summer as it looks like it's going to be the biggest Heroes Con to date!

Many moons ago I was looking to upgrade my rag-tag Hulk #1 and stopped by their booth, noticing a copy on the back wall on top of a stack of Hulks. I asked if I could see "...that Hulk #1 on the wall...", and they pulled down the "stack of Hulks" and asked me "Which one?" They were all Hulk #1's!! cloud9.gif