• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is anyone else getting books back with warped inner wells?
25 25

1,700 posts in this topic

On 9/1/2024 at 8:43 PM, davidking623 said:

Surprisingly that book is almost 50 years old now ,50 coming soon .

I refuse to acknowledge that. In fact it's only about 15 or maybe even 10 years old and I certainly do not hear the Red Hot Chili Peppers playing when I'm grocery shopping at the Midwest chain store.

I am looking forward to next year, I think 1993 is going to be pretty great.

On 9/2/2024 at 7:01 AM, lollyclown said:

I refuse to acknowledge that. In fact it's only about 15 or maybe even 10 years old and I certainly do not hear the Red Hot Chili Peppers playing when I'm grocery shopping at the Midwest chain store.

I am looking forward to next year, I think 1993 is going to be pretty great.

can confirm, 1991 was just 10, maybe 15 years ago at the most.

My radio does keep malfunctioning though and playing Guns N Roses on the oldies station for some reason. 

On 9/2/2024 at 10:15 PM, DaveNix said:

Newton Rings.  Still a thing, no?

Damaging the Comics "fixed" newtons rings. Prolly means to fix the Slabs Damaging Comics issue after grading they'll simply incinerate the Comics and return the ashes inside the 9.8 slabs. Thus no more complaints about Banana Bends. Followed by the CS statement of "Burning the Comics to Ashes is Normal"

Edited by MAY1979

On 9/2/2024 at 11:08 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

:popcorn:

I miss your musings. There was nary a cunning linguist comparable back in the day. 

Old squabbles aside, I hope you and the family have done well over the years. 

Edited by mikenyc
Can’t spell

I don't want to be that guy but I have to be simply because I didn't read the rest of the thread where I walked out on. Is this still happening?? Id love to know. If it is then I cant bring books here but if it's resolved then I can feel okay maybe sending a book or two at a time, Love to hear from you guys. 

On 9/3/2024 at 12:16 PM, Ninja0215 said:

I don't want to be that guy but I have to be simply because I didn't read the rest of the thread where I walked out on. Is this still happening?? Id love to know. If it is then I cant bring books here but if it's resolved then I can feel okay maybe sending a book or two at a time, Love to hear from you guys. 

I just recently caught up on this whole thread. As far as I can tell, it's still happening, and there a number of popular comics youtubers that are now talking about it, so I imagine I will continue to follow them until I hear news of it being resolved.

On 9/3/2024 at 12:59 PM, Ninja0215 said:

Well then,  ot coming then. Sorry  but I can't worry about my books being damaged.  

Hope everyone is doing well. 

Yeah, I have a whole batch of books together as well, with more to add to get graded. But that's all on hold until this issue is resolved.

On 9/2/2024 at 11:11 PM, mikenyc said:

cunning linguist

:cool:

I gotta be honest i was getting ready to submit a batch to CGC and this kinda scares the out of me. Is is predominantly modern books that this has been happening to or does it affect golden age as well?