• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good deal
1 1

20 posts in this topic

That could be a really great opportunity, i just still hesitate because they r not seems to be bags and boarded... what do you think?

Screenshot_20240515-103027_eBay.thumb.jpg.f5535d671e5ba8f948d25c5b687cbfd0.jpg

On 5/15/2024 at 2:56 PM, Ken Aldred said:

A lot of dollar box drek there and no bags and boards are included, and so I personally feel that the 5 figure asking price is a little bit on the aggressive side.

Right! I'm sure this is an issue of my misunderstanding a currency conversion or something, but is this lot $45,000? Or $500? At $45, I'd at least consider it, but I don't see anything there that would really blow my skirt up. 

Lot of drek in there, but lots of potential winners.  The Batman v. Predator and DC v. Marvel books will probably never get reprinted.  Same thing with the DC Stan Lee books.  So huge opportunity for investment books.   Vladimir on the cover of that Star Trek book looks like a sleeper waiting to take off.   You know how those German covers do so well for Golden Age books.  Can't miss here.  

Offer the seller a low ball offer of $5k and see if they counter.   If they accept then it's a big win for you since that $40k savings can probably buy you bags and boards for half those books. 

On 5/16/2024 at 12:02 PM, Semicentennial said:

Lot of drek in there, but lots of potential winners.  The Batman v. Predator and DC v. Marvel books will probably never get reprinted.  Same thing with the DC Stan Lee books.  So huge opportunity for investment books.   Vladimir on the cover of that Star Trek book looks like a sleeper waiting to take off.   You know how those German covers do so well for Golden Age books.  Can't miss here.  

Offer the seller a low ball offer of $5k and see if they counter.   If they accept then it's a big win for you since that $40k savings can probably buy you bags and boards for half those books. 

DC VS Marvel is getting an omnibus in August. 

On 5/15/2024 at 9:55 PM, F For Fake said:

Right! I'm sure this is an issue of my misunderstanding a currency conversion or something, but is this lot $45,000? Or $500? At $45, I'd at least consider it, but I don't see anything there that would really blow my skirt up. 

45K.

This is an amazing deal... buy it now, don't bother with best offer, you need to spend every dollar available on this rare and exclusive vintage lot.

you should save these threads until Friday.

I took a look at his Completed Auctions and there were a few beat westerns he couldn't sell at opening bids of $5... but at least those were priced in the realm of reality. So FWIW, I suspect the BIN price here is a typo.  :wishluck: 

On 5/15/2024 at 10:02 PM, Semicentennial said:

^^

On 5/16/2024 at 11:14 AM, dick pontoon said:

It's hard to tell and I could be way off base, but this might be another of the OP's "joking" posts.

Joking...serious...it's hard to tell the difference even with a very large sample to choose from.  I went with joking on this one. 

On 5/16/2024 at 11:11 AM, JollyComics said:

Sorry.  I hate to see American dollar sign at the end of the number.  It's backward.

I preferred $45,000 USD.  Much clean and clear.

45 500 $US is confused and unclear.  Looks like 45 books for 500 $ US.  Still not clear.

Screenshot_20240517_115834_eBay.thumb.jpg.fc5f989548965f488fc0830289db0a82.jpg