• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your Collecting 'Philosophy'...
3 3

64 posts in this topic

I'm a completist to the extreme with what comics I collect and would say I'm pretty focused. I started collecting again  in 2013 after stopping when I was a kid. I collect Wolverine, The Crow, Stranger Things, Halloween, Terminator, and other misc. horror series. I have every Wolverine issue, variant and  printing to every series and mini series since the 2013 volume. It's like 7 shortboxes. The 2020 series alone is 3 short boxes due to all the variants for the 50 issue run. Also, I'm very particular about condition so everything is very high grade. In addition to comics, I also collect Wolverine cards and action figures, stranger things cards and figures, halloween cards and figures, and crow action figures. 

Not sure if I ever had a philosophy per se.  It all started like many of you as a kid that loved the look of that first issue you had your parents buy you (or in my case, used the change from a store purchase without them knowing!)  And then I found out there were places you could go to get back issues :whee: and collected from there.  Now adays its mainly what I'm in the mood to collect and what looks cool to me (also do I really want to spend x amount of dollars on my next purchase?)

On 8/2/2024 at 5:47 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Nothing set in stone.

I collect and remember as I go, a budget under $500 per comic sets the tone, usually. 

1st 2nd 3rd appearances happen, sometimes due to budget only 2nd and 3rd appearances that kind of thing.

If I thought I had an idea of what drove the collection, other than thrill of the hunt obviously , it would change tomorrow lol

I can look back now and make some assertions, but I don't think any were in my head at the time of purchase.

Well it is "tomorrow" and I'm checking to see if mine has changed. :insane:

Part of me respects this thread though impossible to have a doctrine for it other than the good book, but seems one would be needed...

In short...  ... Otherwise it basically reminds me of hoarding, or picky hoarding lol as pointed out by others I just don't know if I'm "picky enough!"  :banana:

Signed ~ your overly optimistic hoping it will all work towards the good, for THE ONE LOVE,  and above all...  :ohnoez:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

How I collect...

Do I feel like spending the money? If I do, then...  

How rare is this book compared to X Y and Z that I'm thinking about instead

What kind of collection am I trying to accomplish? 

I have too many of 1 title, I should get something else

How replaceable is the book ? Does it come up for sale often or hardly ever? 

I could use more Baker, Batman and classic covers. 

Does it have ow/w to better PQ?