• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,770 posts in this topic

Back in the mid-1980s, when I got my first real taste for collecting comic art, there was one artist whose work I searched for in vain. Arthur Suydam. The stuff in Heavy Metal, the Mudwogs, whatever, it didn't matter. I wanted one of those painted color pages, but there was never any to be found. The perfect one popped up on Heritage last winter, but it got bid up to a crazy place and I was left behind... Another sweet page popped up on this past Heritage auction and I dropped in my proxy bid, which, this time, was good enough (actually 1/2 of it was good enough.) So here it is -- the g word gets overused -- but after almost 30 years, I guess it's safe to call grail.

This particular one is likely not work safe. It also features a panel that was used for the cover of the second issue of the Demon Dreams anthology comic some 28 years ago.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=924493&GSub=134144

Just received this awesome Zeck prelim sketch of Kraven and the Black Spidey costume. Art is 8.5x11. The owner of the commission is also a board member and has been a fantastic person to talk with!

Kraven_Zeck.jpeg

Kraven on my CAF

I have a Zeck Kraven sketch cover coming my way. Worth every penny as Kraven's Last hunt is one of my all time favorite Spidey stories. Great pickup on the Kraven prelim!

Just won the auction on this page - really happy to get it, as it's got great action, awesome dialogue, cool sound-effects and is Rogue's fourth appearance (pre-X-Men) from 1983. :cloud9:

Frank%20Springer%20-%20Dazzler%2024%20Page%209.jpg

My CAF page

This didn't get as much acclaim as most of Alan Moore's work from the 80's, but I really enjoyed his 2 issue run on Vigilante so I was stocked to get this awesome example

CAF Link

I also uploaded this Marshall Rogers Batman page. They were both Large art so it took awhile to scan and stitch them.

CAF Link

Thanks for looking

Malvin

Guest Reader
Justice #5, page 28

Doug Braithwaite pencils, Alex Ross inks

DSC01253.jpg

It's not often you see a page where every panel is worthy of a cover.