• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

I'm pretty happy to add this one to my CAF. For me, Identity Crisis was one of the high points in the medium -- the sort of series that comes around once every decade or so. Love, betrayal, tragedy, madness, loss, and legal and ethical conundrums… the DC Universe was changed forever. I really dig this story, and go back to it every few years to reread. Thanks to Steven Davich for the great price, flawless packaging and immediate delivery. This is the spark for the story right here -- the death of Sue Dibny -- the look on Ralph Dibny's face as he realizes something terrible has happened.

Identity Crisis 1, The Death of Sue Dibny

Great addition Roger! For some reason I thought you only collected older art :D

Malvin

It's definitely skewed that way -- my preferences are toward art with word balloons -- but I'll pick up something from this century every once in a while.

Picked up some nice panel pages from a Silver Surfer collection this week.

Silver Surfer - The Enslavers by Keith Pollard. LOVE the quarter splash image of the Surfer, the inks on this piece are gorgeous. It's also an a very LARGE piece, displays very nicely.

IMG_4600.jpg

And picked up three consecutive pages from Silver Surfer #70, featuring Big G the Mighty Hungry, Nova, and Morg. Love the final panel on the last page.

IMG_4602.jpg

IMG_4501.jpg

IMG_4502.jpg

New piece from Tony Millionaire! This was in his 500 Portraits book. I first read Yukio Mishima's work right out of high school. I'm fascinated by post-war Japanese cinema and literature. Mishima's "Confessions of a Mask" was the first book of his I read, followed by "The Sound of Waves." Both of them are so strikingly different and contrast so shockingly with the image of Yukio MIshima people know nowadays so much that I just couldn't get enough. When I first learned of him, he was this crazy man who formed his own militia and tried to stage a coup of the Japanese government before botching seppuku and dying. His writing, though, is so gentle and inspiring.

Anyway, I love Yukio Mishima and I love Tony Millionaire. I also love it when two of my hobbies blend themselves together!

mishimaportrait_002_zps03e8f351.jpg

I was a huge fan of Mike Gustovich and the Justice Machine back in the 1980s and thanks to fellow boardie and artist/creator, Dave Aikins who connected me with Mike recently, I have my first commission and fabulous piece of art. Mike is one of my favorite creators and I was ecstatic to speak with him - actually giddy may be a better word.

Mike was excellent to work with, his communication was amazing. I wish I had better pictures to share but I hope you can see, Mike knocked this out of the park. Absolutely awesome piece of work.

For anyone interested in Mike's contact info, shoot me a PM - you can't go wrong with a commission from him.

So without further ado, I present the Justice Machine vs. Darkseid!

79D68A75-23E9-4B55-9811-87F0042B210E-3030-000004E74D77507D_zpsad087dba.jpg

5C884641-0171-4895-B487-037855CC1A03-3030-000004E73BEFE7A9_zps1c317f28.jpg

While many are enjoying the hardcourt March Madness battles, I present my latest acquisition: Fear #24 cover by Kane & Romita featuring an epic confrontation between Morbius the Living Vampire vs. Blade the Vampire Slayer. Something has to give, right?

Absolutely love the cover composition with Morbius attacking in flight, Blade with his signature wooden knives, a damsel in distress, and a mysterious bag (what's in it? hm ) Some classic Marvel Bronze art goodness.... Enjoy!

Any comments are appreciated.

Dino

CAF link

8573692136_30d6959692_z.jpg

While many are enjoying the hardcourt March Madness battles, I present my latest acquisition: Fear #24 cover by Kane & Romita featuring an epic confrontation between Morbius the Living Vampire vs. Blade the Vampire Slayer. Something has to give, right?

Absolutely love the cover composition with Morbius attacking in flight, Blade with his signature wooden knives, a damsel in distress, and a mysterious bag (what's in it? hm ) Some classic Marvel Bronze art goodness.... Enjoy!

Any comments are appreciated.

Dino

CAF link

8573692136_30d6959692_z.jpg

awesome :applause: