• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,757 posts in this topic

I just added a Mark Djurdjevic Daredevil piece!

CAF Link

If anyone knows whether or not this was beyond a convention sketch (e.g. prelim for a published page, maybe it's just wishful thinking) please let me know

Malvin

Edited by malvin

frazettaspiderman.jpeg

I saw it live and in person. It's cool, but I'll take the Action #15 cover.

(What can I say? I've always preferred Superman to Spider-man. :) )

Edited by alxjhnsn

Added this lovely Darwyn Cooke piece this week. It is from Batman & The Spirit featuring Barbara Gordon, James Gordon and P'Gell! While I would love a piece with BG in costume, they are far and few.

2dayqnl.jpg

Added this lovely Darwyn Cooke piece this week. It is from Batman & The Spirit featuring Barbara Gordon, James Gordon and P'Gell! While I would love a piece with BG in costume, they are far and few.

2dayqnl.jpg

Striking page. However, for your benefit, I'd be remiss if I didn't make mention of the credits on this particular title and how the art was created.

Did you have Albert of J. Bone confirm for you that there are Darwyn's pencils underneath?

Albert's site mentions that the Spirit/Batman pages are all J Bone's inks over a copy of Cooke's pencils.

Jbone%20moy_zpspw9i53p4.jpg

J Bone also signed the page which I've only see when it's all him.

Since you just picked it up, I figured I should mention it just in case you had not double checked the credits, to give you a chance to do something about it. Wouldn't want anyone paying for Cooke pencils when there might not be any.

At the very least then it will allow you confirm who worked on the page and give full attribution.

2dayqnl.jpg

Striking page. However, for your benefit, I'd be remiss if I didn't make mention of the credits on this particular title and how the art was created.

Did you have Albert of J. Bone confirm for you that there are Darwyn's pencils underneath?

Albert's site mentions that the Spirit/Batman pages are all J Bone's inks over a copy of Cooke's pencils.

Since you just picked it up, I figured I should mention it just in case you had not double checked the credits, to give you a chance to do something about it. Wouldn't want anyone paying for Cooke pencils when there might not be any.

At the very least then it will allow you confirm who worked on the page and give full attribution.

Wasn't aware of this! Thanks for the heads up.

2dayqnl.jpg

Wasn't aware of this! Thanks for the heads up.

I emailed Albert and asked him about it, just to confirm.

He got back to me and said there are no Cooke pencils on this one. It was inked over a photocopy.

I appreciate it! Love the page but paid quite a bit for it. Negotiating with the seller.

You would think it would have been clearly declared at the time of sale. The seller must have known and chose not to tell you.

Possibly, but I should have done by due diligence as well. He is accepting a return on the piece.

Ankur

I appreciate it! Love the page but paid quite a bit for it. Negotiating with the seller.

You would think it would have been clearly declared at the time of sale. The seller must have known and chose not to tell you.

Possibly, but I should have done by due diligence as well. He is accepting a return on the piece.

Ankur

hmm.. I certainly disclose blue lines if a piece I am selling is one. But if the seller is silent on it, I think the buyer has to do his due diligence. Ankur is lucky that seller is accepting a return.

Malvin

I emailed Albert and asked him about it, just to confirm.

He got back to me and said there are no Cooke pencils on this one. It was inked over a photocopy.

:whatthe:

Wow, that's quite a revelation! I'd hate to think what might have happened if no one had spoken up about this until it was too late to do anything about it. You're a good friend, Chris.

Ankur, I hope you're able to get some or all of your money back, depending on whether or not you still want to keep the piece. I can't believe the seller didn't disclose this to you - that's really bad form.

Ankur, you should really tell the boards who the seller was who didn't disclose this to you so that he won't do this again. Inflating prices based on mis-identification and hoping for a greater fool isn't a good model for collecting or selling art.