• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,757 posts in this topic

Neal started this cover in 1970 for Thor #180 but, according to Neal, Marie Severin had done a layout for the same book that Stan Lee asked Neal to follow. So Neal stopped working on this one and did the one Marie designed. Neal looked at the sketch lines on the cover and he said they indicated what direction he was going with it and he was happy to finish it in 2016.

At CAF, you can see the original 1970s cover with Odin, Thor and part of Mephisto. To finish, Neal completed Mephisto and added the demon. Again, per Neal, the layout was intended (and is) a split screen of 2 worlds. Thor is being cast out of Asgard into wherever Mephisto is.

As always, Neal and Jason were PHENOMENAL to work with. Neal is incredible and pours his heart out into his work -- I encourage everyone to get to his website and purchase your some of Neal's work for your own collection!

Hope you like this Neal Adams cover:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1363838

GRAIL PIECE :banana:

I was going to start my 1st "art day" thread, but I've decided to save that for another piece that I'm paying off.

The House of Mystery #238 is one of my personal favorites!

Here's the link to my CAF page, feel free to make a comment :)

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1363680

houseofmystery238coverA_zps6cytd6o5.jpg

Very cool cover. Because thise old wooden coasters arent scary enough.

Edited by Panelfan1

Secret Santa opening time was today. I present you with Santa vs. Supergirl.

3K2pixmH_2212162307291gpadd.jpg

If you liked this, I have a few others in this theme:

I've been trying to get my hands on one of Lewis LaRosa's Valiant covers for quite a while, and I finally succeeded.

Divinity #2

DivinityIssue2Cover_zps4x4hwxqk.jpg

Mike

Never got into Valiant - but love this cover and some of the others posted to this board in recent months! These artists are really killing it!