• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,757 posts in this topic

So its Monday night and I realized that HA is doing their usual Sunday auction tonight. Kinda spur of the moment and caught by surprise, but I just could not see how this Dan Decarlo cover could not fit any better into my pin-up collection. Veronica :luhv:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1365452&GSub=151870

So its Monday night and I realized that HA is doing their usual Sunday auction tonight. Kinda spur of the moment and caught by surprise, but I just could not see how this Dan Decarlo cover could not fit any better into my pin-up collection. Veronica :luhv:

Nice pickup! congrats

John B.

Saw the auction and should have bid but found myself distracted by a sick wife and a recently emptied wallet. A Sestayo watercolor (wanted x 2 years) took all of my ready cash. Have to say, that cover is a keeper. You done good.

Saw the auction and should have bid but found myself distracted by a sick wife and a recently emptied wallet. A Sestayo watercolor (wanted x 2 years) took all of my ready cash. Have to say, that cover is a keeper. You done good.

I was thinking this auction may have caught a few off guard. I just happened to catch it. I'm thinking there might be some deals to be had across the board. Thanks guys, I already feel 10 times better about the pick up.

If you haven’t read The Manhattan Projects, you have missed a treat. The premise is simple - What if creation of the Atomic Bomb was simply a front for what was really going on. That is, it wasn’t The Manhattan Project, it was the Manhattan Projects!

For Christmas, Kathy gave me a wonderful example that features most of the cast. I’m thrilled.

GLf5oSg2_2712161219011gpadd.jpg

The old rule of thumb was don't post new art until it's in hand. Well...anyway for this one I don't care and it seems that rule isn't much observed by anybody these days anyway.

Had family obligations last night (no internet) and knew I needed this one for my wall. Really that simple. Put in a massive bid hours early and walked away. Didn't know if I'd won it or for how much (!!) until 10pm last night. So yes I did win (yea!), that was one thing, but the other thing was...got it for pretty reasonable money too. So to those of you that backed off this one in the "rational" range - thanks!!! - you all briefly had the rare opportunity to run me up into the stratosphere lol:) (and guess what - I still would have won; ya'll have no idea how nutty my top number was but it was stupidsilly).

RcV3vzf6_0201171310351gpadd.jpg

The old rule of thumb was don't post new art until it's in hand. Well...anyway for this one I don't care and it seems that rule isn't much observed by anybody these days anyway.

Had family obligations last night (no internet) and knew I needed this one for my wall. Really that simple. Put in a massive bid hours early and walked away. Didn't know if I'd won it or for how much (!!) until 10pm last night. So yes I did win (yea!), that was one thing, but the other thing was...got it for pretty reasonable money too. So to those of you that backed off this one in the "rational" range - thanks!!! - you all briefly had the rare opportunity to run me up into the stratosphere lol:) (and guess what - I still would have won; ya'll have no idea how nutty my top number was but it was stupidsilly).

Love that page! Congrats :applause:

Congrats on the page and even more on it not reaching your stupid silly number