• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Books IN Movies
1 1

254 posts in this topic

not a comic BOOK but in white men can't jump a guy wears a Punisher shirt,

cbwci_fgeorgenerdstyle_580551.jpg

also not a comic BOOK but in Little Big League they say,

"Do you think in his whole life, Batman ever ate at McDonalds or KFC?"

"The caped crusader does not eat fast food"

"How do you know he might"

"Think about it he gets a call from Commissioner Gordon, but he's really hungry, what else is he gonna do?"

"Man, I'd hate to be the guy behind the Batmobile in the drive-thru, when batman steps on the gas and flames shoot out..."

2lmvzut.jpg

Cool Runnings- Sanka reads a comic book in a scene

00:47:32 And I hope you don't mind keeping quiet while I catch up on my reading.

00:47:35 What are you talking about, reading? This is a children's book.

00:47:39 - Oh, is that so? - Yes, that's so.

00:47:41 Well, if it's a children's book, that means it's too advanced for the likes of you.

00:47:45 What are you trying to say, that I'm not smarter than a little child?

I think that's Hulk 282

IncredibleHulkV2-282.jpg

Don't know if this got a mention yet; was watching a movie called Camp Hell on cable, about teens at a religious summer camp. There's a scene where a counselor goes through a kids bag and finds Spawn #9, he flips through it and the kid tells him it's Spawn... and Angela, and the counselor rips it up.

Edited by HarrisonJohn

Don't know if this has been posted but in the opening scene of Cape Fear, where Max Cady is doing press-ups in his cell and you see his Truth / Justice tattoo, he has Black Bolt and Captain Marvel pages pinned to the wall.

In the Jane Russell, Frank Sinatra, and Groucho Marx movie Double Dynamite filmed in late 1948, there is a scene near the end of the movie when they are looking through a bank manger's desk and they find four different issues of the Dell Tracy series including #12 on the top.

I finally got around to see this movie when it showed up on TMC. Spotted Tracy #3, #4, #9, & #12.

DoubleDynamite1_zpsba1fbaa6.jpg

DoubleDynamite2_zpscce5382a.jpg

DoubleDynamite3_zpsa2292a59.jpg

Secrets of War (2014, Dutch)

"During the Occupation of The Netherlands (1940-1945) two boys find an American comic book, presumably left by a downed American pilot. This comic book, a dangerous item in those days, reappears in scenes that follow, until one of the boys' mother confiscates and burns it. The magazine that ends up in the stove is a 1952 reprint, which follows from the cover design (Classics Illustrated instead of Classic Comics) and the cover price (15c instead of the regular '40's price of 10c)."

If you have the misfortune to watch Joe Dirt 2 - I will spoiler this just in case it is a big deal....

KVR6gSal.jpg

The store kind of reminded me of one of our forum members shops (clearly it wasn't or the mistakes might have been corrected).

Joe Dirt somehow travels back in time and has the brilliant idea to go buy a bunch of mint comic books, bury them, and use them to buy braces for all his future kids.

The movie had a pretty weak budget and they basically took a bunch of modern books and had him walk out of the store with them. But you might be able to tell which books those are-- I sure can't. There are tons of errors made-- like him saying they all "cost ten cents a piece" -- even though he was supposedly in 1965. You know-- cause any random comic that old is clearly worth a ton of money in his mind.

So he heads off to plant a tree and tosses the books-- no boards, bags --- just raw inside a metal box-- with a stupid sign on to remind him this is where the "berried treasure- keep away" is (I know -- this movie is so dumb). And to top things off-- he pays for the comics with modern money and is arrested.

I took any screen shots I could find with identifying book covers etc and put them in this image:

jUWzwml.png

You might also notice him kissing one of the books while simultaneously double flipping off the audience.