• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Books IN Movies
1 1

254 posts in this topic

Fantasy Island

Adventures of Eagleman made an appearance in the TV show The Dukes of Hazard also, interestingly I cannot find any other reference to it so I wonder if it was the same comic book in both shows.

95814.jpg.3c5d3710126031aa5b5b663ecd30be0e.jpg

Edited by 50 Cent #II (1st)

Donal Logue's probably a comic book geek in real life. He stars in "Grounded For Life," "Comic Book Villains," and one of the "Blade" movies.

Also, it's fairly well-known that the Silver Surfer dialogue in "Crimson Tide" was written by Quentin Tarantino--he did an uncredited rewrite that amounted to 3 additions, including that debate.

And in Mallrats I think Jason Lee at one point says the his ex (Brenda from 90210) took his Punisher War Journal # 6.

At one point in Mallrats? lol Have you ever seen it? The entire movie has comic as a backdrop. Broadie is an obsessive comic collector in the movie. I love that movie. Broadie's humor is hilarious! I always thought he made it cool to be into comics.

I posted this in the GA forum last week after spotting a comic in the HBO mini-series "The Pacific"

I watched the second episode of "The Pacific" tonight on HBO. Near the end of the episode Pfc. Leckie is sitting leaning against a palm tree writing about the experience on Guadalcanal. In a box next to him is a copy of (or replica of) All American Comics #36 March 1942. It's a little tough to make out. I had to pause it and reference GCD to figure it out

Kinda of neat, and I figured some of my fellow geeks here could appreciate it.

aa36.jpg

Excellent find, I have been watching the show and did not pick up on that little bit of scenery.

Adding ZONE TROOPERS to this. A 1985 Sci-fi movie about U.S. Army fighting Hitler and his Nazi's. Some space aliens get involved in the battle when their spaceship lands in the battlefield. At the end of the movie a comic is shown. The comic is FANTASTIC FICTION with a 25 cent cover price on it. Cover shows a battle scene with U.S. Army, Nazi's, & aliens battling. I believe the comic is a movie prop. I couldn't find anything on Fantastic Fiction.

there was a recent dead zone episode i watched (a christimas special) that was almost entirely filmed at a comic shop. I assume it was in canada, it had a big painting of hulk on the wall outside. Wonder if any canadians recognize it.

Yesterday, I was watching White Oleanders with Michelle Pfifer, and the boy (in love with her daughter) in the movie would leave love letters in his comic store pull box.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet (not going to read through the entire thread), but Tom Hulce's character in "Dominick and Eugene" is a huge Hulk fan. He often wears a Hulk t-shirt, has a Hulk poster on his wall, and in one scene he's reading a comic with a neighborhood kid.

Honorable mention goes the band Living Colour for their "Glamour Boys" video. There's a scene on a subway car where the lear singer, Cory Glover, is reading a copy of 2000 AD. Not sure if it's not an actual issue or not

We were watching the Diff'rent Strokes S2 DVDs the kids got for Christmas and in one episode Arnold has to go to the doctor for a checkup and he's given an old Gold Key UFO comic to read - I guess the Doc couldn't afford any *real* comics. :insane:

Don't know if someone mentioned it as I was too lazy too read through all of the response...

HBO’s “The Pacific" had a copy of Superman #32, episode 5 I believe.

Superman032-00.jpg

in the movie Seabicuit jeff bridges son is in his room reading a sci-fi comic book i have never seen and dont recall, but the movie took place in the 30's and the book was in killer condition and possibly a real book. it was a superhero character and nice looking cover, it was easy to see in his hands as he was reading it. anyways the kid got killed in an auto accident and all through the movie i wanted to see what other books this kid had.

I saw an episode of the old Twilight Zone the other day. A little girl was reading a comic on the couch. She gets up and her dad starts flipping through it. They showed the cover, but not well enough to figure out what it was.