• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Books IN Movies
1 1

254 posts in this topic

Not sure if this has been mentioned but in the TV show Chuck, sometimes you'll see Chuck laying in bed reading some moderns. Can't remember which ones though. Maybe Y the last man? And they are turning or have already turned Chuck into it's own comic thru WildStorm I think.

A long while back we discussed comic books that appear in movies and on television shows. Thought I try some sort of update. This would be ONLY COMIC BOOKS that have appeared on film. Not movies about superheroes.............

Anyone else have any they remember?

There was an American sitcom called "Too close for comfort"...it starred Ted Knight.

He drew a comic book (or perhaps it was a strip?) called "Cosmic Cow".

Bump

My kids were watching a Different Strokes DVD S1 set I just bought (mainly because it was on clearance for $4.99!) and the third episode starts with Arnold laying on his bed thumbing through a copy of Superman 331. Very nostalgic image.

83754703976.331.gif

BREATHLESS (1983), starring Richard Gere

Gere reads a Silver Surfer comic (not sure which one, haven't seen the movie in ages) out loud to his co-star Valérie Kaprisky and gets into an argument with a kid about the SS.

See Gere reading the Silver Surfer here. I was almost all the way through this thread and was thinking, "How could anyone have not mentioned this yet?"

Donal Logue's probably a comic book geek in real life. He stars in "Grounded For Life," "Comic Book Villains," and one of the "Blade" movies.

Also, it's fairly well-known that the Silver Surfer dialogue in "Crimson Tide" was written by Quentin Tarantino--he did an uncredited rewrite that amounted to 3 additions, including that debate.

And in Mallrats I think Jason Lee at one point says the his ex (Brenda from 90210) took his Punisher War Journal # 6.

I posted this in the GA forum last week after spotting a comic in the HBO mini-series "The Pacific"

I watched the second episode of "The Pacific" tonight on HBO. Near the end of the episode Pfc. Leckie is sitting leaning against a palm tree writing about the experience on Guadalcanal. In a box next to him is a copy of (or replica of) All American Comics #36 March 1942. It's a little tough to make out. I had to pause it and reference GCD to figure it out

Kinda of neat, and I figured some of my fellow geeks here could appreciate it.

aa36.jpg