• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Promotional Comic Books Here!!!!
7 7

869 posts in this topic

Some of my fav promos, including the elusive Blood is the Harvest and If the Devil Would Talk aschans. :cloud9:

I too was inspired by Stew Silver posthumously to start collecting cold war and anti-communist comic books

Nothing "cold" about that gallery of books, Steve. They are red hot. No wonder, you were on fire this year, buddy! The Luckys, New Brunswick, the Whites, and god knows what else you've been up to accomplished. (worship) Mighty big collecting shoes to fit for 2015! :baiting:

and Stew Silver, RIP easier knowing your good friends did not fail you and helped to fulfill your last wishes.

Still haven't be able to get Overstreet to acknowledge that this Variant

Edition even exists.

10580054226_e0949c4d62.jpg

mm

You've got my acknowledgement, Marty! Love that book!! :applause:

THANK YOU!!!

mm

Some of my fav promos, including the elusive Blood is the Harvest and If the Devil Would Talk aschans. :cloud9:

I too was inspired by Stew Silver posthumously to start collecting cold war and anti-communist comic books

Nothing "cold" about that gallery of books, Steve. They are red hot. No wonder, you were on fire this year, buddy! The Luckys, New Brunswick, the Whites, and god knows what else you've been up to accomplished. (worship) Mighty big collecting shoes to fit for 2015! :baiting:

and Stew Silver, RIP easier knowing your good friends did not fail you and helped to fulfill your last wishes.

Thank you Andy!

I do love my Cold War books!

ColdWarDisplay_zps8cc6bac2.jpg

16093219286_de6f6e5a03_b.jpg

Not sure if my group shot made it to this thread but here it is again. Donating to the campaign against infantile paralysis earned you a Red Feather comic featuring Tracy back in the fifties. Even poor children received the vaccine when it was introduced. Back in biblical times poor infected individuals were stoned to death.

Winchester rifle giveaway. Has a pro-Second Amendment editorial inside the front cover, and the centerfold is glossy cover stock, with pictures of rifle production at the factory.

GuEflXh.jpg

Here ya go...not as exciting as communists dropping A-bombs, but difficult to find...and not in the guide.

fmrxu8.jpg

Thanks for posting this! I have a copy and I've often wondered why it's not in OPG.

It reprints one of the regular issues (can't remember the exact # right now), with the lack of price and "Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Festival" added to the cover. The giveaway of Dennis at the Winchester House (actually sold there) is not in the guide either, but i think it is a perpetual reprint for the attraction...

Here ya go...not as exciting as communists dropping A-bombs, but difficult to find...and not in the guide.

fmrxu8.jpg

Thanks for posting this! I have a copy and I've often wondered why it's not in OPG.

It reprints one of the regular issues (can't remember the exact # right now), with the lack of price and "Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Festival" added to the cover. The giveaway of Dennis at the Winchester House (actually sold there) is not in the guide either, but I think it is a perpetual reprint for the attraction...at least it was in the 90s.

5z1tue.jpg

Edited by tricolorbrian

fmrxu8.jpg

It reprints one of the regular issues (can't remember the exact # right now), with the lack of price and "Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Festival" added to the cover. The giveaway of Dennis at the Winchester House (actually sold there) is not in the guide either, but I think it is a perpetual reprint for the attraction...at least it was in the 90s.

5z1tue.jpg

Interesting. Two NorCal attractions. Were there D the M giveaways in other parts of the country as well?

Could be a bit of a disappointment for a kid to think he was getting a comic about the attraction he was visiting only to find out that the interior was an unrelated story.

fmrxu8.jpg

5z1tue.jpg

Interesting. Two NorCal attractions. Were there D the M giveaways in other parts of the country as well?

Could be a bit of a disappointment for a kid to think he was getting a comic about the attraction he was visiting only to find out that the interior was an unrelated story.

Each of the books I showed have stories about Dennis visiting the attraction, but i don't know if they did any other regional giveaways.

16093219286_de6f6e5a03_b.jpg

Not sure if my group shot made it to this thread but here it is again. Donating to the campaign against infantile paralysis earned you a Red Feather comic featuring Tracy back in the fifties. Even poor children received the vaccine when it was introduced. Back in biblical times poor infected individuals were stoned to death.

BB...that's a pile of promotionals. (thumbs u