• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Here's a couple more from ebay. Sometimes, an ebay NM is really an NM.

I saw the scans before the note and I wasn't seeing much wrong with them! Great pickups!

That was you huh? I was looking at it but passed at the last minute. Nice looking book.

Yeah, Love that cover and I thought it was going to go for twice as much. Last week some forum member had a pile of somewhat high grade gi combats raw one of which he said was VF+ but it looked 8.0 at best and it went for $200. I couldn't believe it.

No scan yet but I just bought the G.I. Combat 89 cgc 7.0 on ebay! Hurrah! Sold for opening bid.

Congrats tatterdamillion! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I was also eying that book. Not too sure why I passed on it, come to think of it. confused-smiley-013.gif

Andy

That was you huh? I was looking at it but passed at the last minute. Nice looking book.

Yeah, Love that cover and I thought it was going to go for twice as much. Last week some forum member had a pile of somewhat high grade gi combats raw one of which he said was VF+ but it looked 8.0 at best and it went for $200. I couldn't believe it.

Tatterdamillion,

My favorite thing about that book is that it has the actual sniper story that was supposed to appear with the cover from #88... it's just a great, great book to read.

Nice one... that book in 7.0 is really hard to find.

Shep

Within a week or two I may have a nice fresh OAAW infusion for this thread. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Quit teasin'!!

Since I've started to focus on the 9.4 bronze age Our Army at Wars, I've had to pass on some nice silver age books - and let me tell you IT'S F*CKING KILLING ME.

I will have to live vicariously through your purchases... if they're anything like those sweet-*spoon* G.I. Combats, you'll have hit the motherlode!

Shep

A few of them might be like thos GICs but not all will be that nice.

By the way Shep. I'm living vicariously through your Bronze collection. 27_laughing.gif

I thought about doing it the same way you are, but if I did that I might miss out on some stuff I might never see again, so I figured I'd just go for it. Can't pass up these particular books I'm looking at.

Stay tuned

Can't wait to see them.

For me, the decision to try for the BA 9.4 OAAW run meant I had to take a completely new approach in my collecting. I used to just buy everything all over the place, and in the end while I got some really cool esoteric books, more focus over the past few years would have given me a much better war collection.

Is it me, or has there been some really nice Silver Age DC war on the market in recent months? It's great to see.

Shep

For me, the decision to try for the BA 9.4 OAAW run meant I had to take a completely new approach in my collecting. I used to just buy everything all over the place, and in the end while I got some really cool esoteric books, more focus over the past few years would have given me a much better war collection.

I agree.

I wish I had been able to focus more back in the old days. Back then I could have picked up all these war books for a song.

Hey Rhino! Although dinosaurs weren't my favourites out of the DC war genre, you've got the right idea. It's nice to have books that you can flip flop around to read. Folding the cover all the way around to the back is fun for me (when reading a beat up copy that is). Don't get me wrong, I LOVE high grade books, but I have a lot of trouble reading them. In fact, I usually don't...in fear of lowering the grade. So, these beat up books, or mid-grade books are my true gems. cloud9.gif

Andy

Hey Rhino! Although dinosaurs weren't my favourites out of the DC war genre, you've got the right idea. It's nice to have books that you can flip flop around to read. Folding the cover all the way around to the back is fun for me (when reading a beat up copy that is). Don't get me wrong, I LOVE high grade books, but I have a lot of trouble reading them. In fact, I usually don't...in fear of lowering the grade. So, these beat up books, or mid-grade books are my true gems. cloud9.gif

Andy

Thanks Andy -- I'm all about reader copies... thumbsup2.gif

Tatterdamillion,

My favorite thing about that book is that it has the actual sniper story that was supposed to appear with the cover from #88... it's just a great, great book to read.

Nice one... that book in 7.0 is really hard to find.

Shep

Thanks Sir,

Just received that G.I. Combat and it looks like an 8.0. I am happy.