• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

To any or all DC war collectors I was wondering if any of you have ever bought from an e-bay seller with the ID of "Brettscomics" and his grading looks okay with the scans a little small.

I asked once for larger scans of a couple of books and they weren't much bigger when they were e-mailed to me. His grading looks reasonable although his prices are fairly high and all 'buy it nows"

If any one has any information I would really appreciate it.

You can PM me if you feel this drivel doesn't belong this awesome thread of incredible books.

Thank you very much in advance,

Fay flowerred.gif

Hey there Fay,

I've bought from Brettscomics before, but to be honest, I can't remember how good/bad the deal was. So, I'd have to say if the prices seem expensive and you can't live without them, buy. If the prices seem expensive and you feel hesitant, that may be a reason not to buy. confused-smiley-013.gif

Good luck either way though! thumbsup2.gif

Andy

Here're a few more cool ones.

gic46.jpg

Severin on the inside of GIC 55 is a joy to behold. One of the few jobs (8 total??) that Sev did for 50s DC war. . .and it's deadly good. Of course his covers and interiors on vast amounts of Atlas war and western are worth it for the price of admission.

gic55.jpg

gic67.jpg

oaaw54.jpg

ssws55.jpg

Mick, Adamstrange and all,

Man those are some just magnificent books. It's all pleasure seeing them in grades like that.

War books... you know, you just get it or you don't. It's a source of enormous satisfaction being on these boards and being surrounded by a clutch of collectors who are so deeply into this genre.

NICE NICE AND NICE!!

Shep

Mick, Adamstrange and all,

Man those are some just magnificent books. It's all pleasure seeing them in grades like that.

War books... you know, you just get it or you don't. It's a source of enormous satisfaction being on these boards and being surrounded by a clutch of collectors who are so deeply into this genre.

NICE NICE AND NICE!!

Shep

I knew a thing or two about war books before I met Mick but I will admit that my interests widened and deepened from what he shared. Not that he's necessarily pleased with how that turned out. 27_laughing.gif

And a tip of the hat to you, my buddy Adam Strange (aka "The All Consuming Collector") for persuading me on the merits of the as yet largely undiscovered ________________. If that Salida OFF #32 isn't in my hands by noon on Thursday, I'm going to let the cat outta the bag on THAT genre, too. Mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! The world shall tremble before me!!!!!

The world shall tremble before me!!!!!

That's what I say to myself in the mirror every morning before I go to work. Kinda freaky to see someone else say it like that. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifinsane.gif

And a tip of the hat to you, my buddy Adam Strange (aka "The All Consuming Collector") for persuading me on the merits of the as yet largely undiscovered ________________. If that Salida OFF #32 isn't in my hands by noon on Thursday, I'm going to let the cat outta the bag on THAT genre, too. Mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! The world shall tremble before me!!!!!

Hint? gossip.gif

Haven't posted much in the 'ol war thread lately...basically because I can't find any decent war to buy, but I just wanted to say...awesome books everyone. If I coulda found them before you guys did, I might not be switching to GA. 27_laughing.gif

Just so everyone knows, I will have some DC war books listed for the next Virtual Comic Con on 4/15 & 4/16.

Nothing major. Mostly mid grade stuff. More details as I figure out exactly which books. flowerred.gif

Here's a couple of the lastest upgrades for me.

Our Army At War #100 (milestone issue!)

OAAW100fc-1.jpg

Our Army At War #101(great cover!)

OAAW101fc.jpg

Nice thing is, these books just walked into my store, I didn't have to go out and search for them and pay top dollar. acclaim.gif

Andy

Nice thing is, these books just walked into my store, I didn't have to go out and search for them and pay top dollar.

Andy

Wow, nice! thumbsup2.gif

Nice thing is, these books just walked into my store, I didn't have to go out and search for them and pay top dollar. acclaim.gif

Andy

Very nice books, Andy! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Those are classic covers, they pretty much tell ya all you need to know about Sgt Rock! sumo.gif