• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

And that same unsmeared date stamp that appears on the cover of your Challengers # 7. What didja do? Go back in time to that newstand on Second Avenue an pick up some books?

I purchased them from somebody who probably bought a stack in the 60's. I also have WW 105 and 108 and SSWS 84 with the same stamp.

And that same unsmeared date stamp that appears on the cover of your Challengers # 7. What didja do? Go back in time to that newstand on Second Avenue an pick up some books?

I purchased them from somebody who probably bought a stack in the 60's. I also have WW 105 and 108 and SSWS 84 with the same stamp.

We need pictures! :popcorn:

We need pictures! :popcorn:

I'm on vacation right now, but I will definitely post the books on Sunday...

I just noticed that issues 16-19 of Captain Savage were inked by John Severin. Does anyone own these? Being a fan of Severin, I want to know if they're worth picking up as readers.

Here is another book with the same stamp on the cover as some other books I posted last week. I also posted 2 other books with said stamp in the 10 cent thread.

ssws84_zpse6441ef9.jpg

Here is another book with the same stamp on the cover as some other books I posted last week. I also posted 2 other books with said stamp in the 10 cent thread.

ssws84_zpse6441ef9.jpg

Beautiful copy of a tough, tough book. Nice score!!!

ssws84_zpse6441ef9.jpg

Beautiful copy of a tough, tough book. Nice score!!!

Thanks! There is a small tear next to the stamp, otherwise the book is not bad at all. I'm glad to cross this one off my list!!

ssws84_zpse6441ef9.jpg

Gotta agree with the others, very nice copy of a very important book. (worship)

ssws84_zpse6441ef9.jpg

Some day, that book'll get the respect that it deserves. . .essentially should be in the top 10 most important war comics. . .ever.

ssws84_zpse6441ef9.jpg

Some day, that book'll get the respect that it deserves. . .essentially should be in the top 10 most important war comics. . .ever.

I read and hear a great deal about books that have investment value. Well, here's the book- SSWS 84 has the potential to be a top 5 SA War key.

Thanks to all for your nice comments and I have to say that I agree with you on all points. When the occasion came up to add this book to my collection I jumped at it (even with the small tear). I will probably not upgrade this book due to it's scarcity (and probably to FMV in higher grades).

I'm curious about how much the crow 7.0 on comiconnect will go for.

I just noticed that issues 16-19 of Captain Savage were inked by John Severin. Does anyone own these? Being a fan of Severin, I want to know if they're worth picking up as readers.

Little help?

Anyone?