• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Somewhere in this thread there is a discussion about the Oakland copy of SSWS #138 because a few boardies bid on it(myself included) when it showed up on Ebay but all lost. Because it was the Oakland copy i wrote down the serial number to see if it gets pressed and re-submitted and now that it has re-surfaced im please to see its in its original holder. Wish i hadnt completely blown my budget last month becuase i would have bid on it. For those of you who dont remember what the cover looks like(shame on you) here is a link to 1 of the best Kubert war covers in my opinion.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault%2Easp%3FFocused%3D1%2Btarget%253Dblank%26pg%3D25%23Item%5F989647&id=989647

aamow92_zpsde873ce6-1.jpg

I love those Battle Aces of 3 Wars comics and that's one I don't have! They're so tough to find in nice condition.

:(

Right on, HC! Here are a few more. I don't think anybody's every posted a bunch of these as a batch.

aamow90.jpg

aamow93.jpg

aamow95.jpg

I love those previous ones for the panel covers alone. I find myself gravitating to the later Grandenetti work with his beautiful inks just as much as Heath's killer work. . .

This next one doesn't have the cool panels, but Heath kinda made up for it with one of the best covers ever made in any genre or era IMHO.

aamow94.jpg

This next one doesn't have the cool panels, but Heath kinda made up for it with one of the best covers ever made in any genre or era IMHO.

aamow94.jpg

I agree! That's why it was selected for the cover of the Big Five book.

:cool: