• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,709 posts in this topic

All these issues are "hot", in the proper sense.

This is one of the best Fantastic Four storylines ever, and this reminds me I want perfect copies of it: I might have to upgrade a number.

I was so moved when I read it as a kid and when the Torch

wakes up a 100+ years old Reed to see if something can be done, and later on thinks it’s too late and the others have already died due to the Skrulls' aging ray… these sequences almost made me cry. Not to mention how wonderfully Byrne draws the aged FFs. :cloud9:

Is FF#211 hot now?

Don't think so. Does it need to be for me to feel bad about it? hm:baiting:

:whistle:

FF211cgc98hert.jpg

Little by little I am putting together a run of the title where I originally read a number of the early Fantastic Four stories. This is not the italian first edition of which I already showed some issues (but to which I am not much attached to as I was too small when it came out): it is a reprint which came out in the late 1970s which presents chronologically all the issues interleaved with the Strange Tales stories of the Torch (and the Thing). I just love this edition and would have loved to find them fresh "as they were on the newsstands", but here it’s not easy…

The first three (#1-3, I am still missing #1) are tied to strong memories as I pestered my dad until he bought me a remaindered collection including all three (covering FF #1-9 or so). I was captured like a magnet by the cover of #8… I did not know who the Puppet Master was but surely it looked like a poignant and important story for the Thing!

This have been my very first exposure to early FFs… :cloud9:

Here’s #2 (still has the stickers within):

Lc5XHGCh.jpg

Outstanding colors on these books!

The paper is still very white, as they are from 1977-1979, so similar in late Bronze books which you can equally find with nice white covers. :)

Thanks for the appreciation: remember these are magazine sized, and they really shine in magazine size!

They are also 64 pages each… :cloud9:

#25 - Contains the issue of the wedding of Sue and Reed (the Annual) but uses a different cover… maybe from a reprint?

Love the colors although the Skrull is a bit anemic… lol

Vn5g0Bqh.jpg

I think this cover was originally used for FF annual #10.

Interesting colors; Kang is almost unrecognizable and the blond on the right is Nick Fury!