• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,712 posts in this topic

I just love Stevie's #5… :luhv:

I am sorting out my collection and I am undecided which one I should keep between the two versions of v3 #35 (#464), the first issue in the Carlos Pacheco run – I want to keep just one.

The foil-variant has a sturdier cover paper stock, and the image is larger (since the cover is not folded with the ad), but I like better the normal colors of the basic version. Which one would you keep? :)

DxeI7Kqh.jpg

miWYxdNh.jpg

I'd be tempted to go with the second.... the ad one is always odd to me.....and the Pacheco run is as loved by me as the Byrne run.....both very awesome. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I know it’s tough… the normal Direct one (with the ad) is my OO copy and super-minty White, while the foiled one is a bit yellowing and I like it less. hm

The Pacheco run is the last great classic run bordering into the Modern age, IMO – I am re-browsing it and it just blows away most of the following attempts. Even if one is preconceived about Moderns and computer coloring (often the coloring is not so good) it just SO goes at the core of how the FFs are meant to be, that you can’t help loving it. :)

@Finhead: Sweet! Great price on the #36 – nice #35 too!

I am still missing the #21 – must fix that after Easter! :grin:

I just love the La Prensa editions, if they were less expensive (as they are mostly a curiosity to me) I’d have loved to have the early issues… :)

I just received a batch of FFs purchased time ago… I have to check which ones are better. Among the ones I was missing there's the #110 which is definitely nice, and the #73. As soon as I have them scanned I will post them.

These are super-sweet, entalmighty – I should get closer to yours now that I will receive in short my upgrade to #48. :)

I have been filling up holes in my modern issues collection recently, and when I placed my last order I noticed this cover – which I already knew in its original version – I don’t care about Deadpool, and usually don’t care about variants but this was so silly that I purchased it! lol

g2m1HH3h.jpg

That's a great cover Vaillant! Nobody inspires levity like Deadpool!

My FF 51, just for good measure. Always been one of the best covers of that run, in my opinion.

dzjQ2RK.jpg

That's a great book (thumbs u , I still need to pick up a copy.

You mean by age? I consider this thread an "all around" FF lovers thread, even if collecting is focused in the Silver age as it’s in this section, more than a simple "SA collecting" thread. :)

It is still quite "borderline" to be a BA book anyway, if we go by ages, as it’s from 1971.

You mean by age? I consider this thread an "all around" FF lovers thread, even if collecting is focused in the Silver age as it’s in this section, more than a simple "SA collecting" thread. :)

It is still quite "borderline" to be a BA book anyway, if we go by ages, as it’s from 1971.

I was actually meaning it doesn't belong with the 2 beside it. ;)

Besides true Silver died at issue #81 1968 IMO was the last of the Silver age, 71 is long past that. lol