• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,712 posts in this topic

Adam's FF 5 had a decent showing.....almost 100 K ...... one of my favorite early FF's......that Sinnott inking is awesome.....especially that splash page.... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Bought a pair of Namisgr FFs just in today :cloud9:

ff45Scan-150223-0002_zps8b53069a.jpg

ff52Scan-150223-0001_zps09476e9d.jpg

....2 smart choices, Greg..... beautiful examples..... but Bob was always selective..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

..... I just wish I could figure out a way to swing his 13..........

Don't you have a killer 13 Jimbo, with the full comics code untrimmed?

Nice books by the way. Love this series. I'm planning to reread this run at some point soon.

KILLER DUO Greg! CONGRATS...happy for you! :headbang:

Now I need to buy back a 52 9.0 for $500 more than I sold it for... :cry:

Now I need a second mortgage on FF36, 45,46,52,67.....not falling for it...talk to me after the Inumans bombs in 2019 you lunatics...lol...

No doubt.

I was in the process of upgrading my FF's when this non sense started.

Luckily I got 45 before the prices went crazy, but I still need an upgrade for 46, which looks like it won't be happening anytime soon.

I'm with you, I'm waiting for this massive lemon to tank worse than the first two FF movies, and for prices to go back to normal.

This is the worst movie hype bump I've seen since I returned to collecting, and the movie is years away, and it stars characters nobody really cared that much about in the first place.

(and yes my opinion is influenced by a large degree of buttthurt over not getting my 46 upgrade before prices went crazy)

I guess I could be wrong, but didn't everybody say the same thing about the Guardians movie when it was announced?

Until Marvel actually puts out a bad product, I wouldn't bank on any movie attached to them being a lemon.

I'm not saying the prices are justified at all, I'm just not convinced that this movie is going to suck.

I love Paste Pot Pete, and I love the Inhumans, but of course any hype which generates this kind of way is nonsense… :)

You say you doubt the movies will be "bad": but "bad" has many meanings in this case – I just don’t like what they did with these movies since the beginning so I could not care less outside of how much they affect my collecting. :(

Thankfully I already had a #36 (for over ten years) and a #45 and #52, but yes, my #46 is also in need of upgrading… oh, well, I guess I should just be thankful to have them all.

As for #65-66-67: I got fixated on the book as it’s the period I love most, so I started to buy them a minute before they exploded, so I managed to choose between many copies of #67, then sold the others. Sometimes you are forced to do so in this crazy collecting climate… :shrug: