• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers collecting thread!
11 11

1,732 posts in this topic

Man....ABSO-F**KING-LUTELY KILLER KILLER books posted... can't stop drooling over here. AWESOMENESS !!!!!

Edited by Peter in Portugal

Avengers057FC.jpg

[/img]

Buscema knew how to deliver killed covers. One of his many SA classics that have to rank up there with the all-time best. :cloud9:

+1

An alltime classic Silver Age cover not to mention the 1st appearance of without question the most under rated superhero of all time!!! rantrant

I got this one a long time ago as a 9.4 when there was only one 9.6. I had it presed up and it was something like the erd 9.6 at the time. Since then, so many have come to the market and now there are more 9.8s than there were 9.6s when I got it. It's not one of my prettier books and I'd like to upgrade to one with better centering and better page quality. It kind of goes along with my other books in the 50s. Most have minor miswraps, date stamps or lesser page quality. It's the weakest section of my SA Avengers run.

Yeah, not the greatest centering but REAL nice colors unlike 99% of the 57's you see.

Of course, only someone with as amazing a run as you could be not thrilled with that copy! I'd say let me know when you upgrade but even that 9.6 is probably out of my league. I'll probably have to stick with my 9.2 with no real hope for an upgrade.

Avengers057FC.jpg

[/img]

Buscema knew how to deliver killed covers. One of his many SA classics that have to rank up there with the all-time best. :cloud9:

+1

An alltime classic Silver Age cover not to mention the 1st appearance of without question the most under rated superhero of all time!!! rantrant

#57 is the highlight of my favorite era of Avengers #41-60 :cloud9:

Added a few more last night(and got my KICKED on a few more!) but had to overpay, at least in my mind, for most of them. Looks like the days of getting Avengers at GPA lows are over :(

Still, i was able to make some headway on my run (thumbs u

av19.jpg

av27.jpg

av51.jpg

av60.jpg

av73.jpg

av80.jpg

av87.jpg

I'm still a little shocked and definitely bummed at how high the 9.6 #39 and 64 went for. I put in bids WELL over GPA that i was positive would take down the books but when i checked in on them late last night, i got my KICKED and didnt win them. 2 books i really, REALLY wanted :cry:

Still, i was able to make some headway on my run (thumbs u

av27.jpg

What?! Here the Scarlet Witch appears to be in danger of being swept away in the current and Captain America is still primly grasping her by only her upper arm? What kind of way is that to rescue a positively luscious woman from the water? I'd have her in a much more satisfactory grip, that's for sure!

And people wonder why I'm always calling Captain America a sap.

:eyeroll:

Edited by Hepcat

I forgot this one i got for an upgrade to my 9.2

av36.jpg

I know these arent SA but i also got these Avengers last night. 4 books i LOVED reading over and over as a kid and still have my news stand copies that have been read so many times they cant possibly be better than 2.0's :cloud9:

av176.jpg

ava8.jpg

ava9.jpg

ava10.jpg

One of the favorite books I own is Avengers 1.

It's not High Grade, maybe a 5.0/5.5, but it's signed on the first page by Jack Kirby and Stan Lee. :D The guy I bought it from was with his dad when they got it signed. They also had a notarized letter authenticating the signatures. :)

One of the favorite books I own is Avengers 1.

It's not High Grade, maybe a 5.0/5.5, but it's signed on the first page by Jack Kirby and Stan Lee. :D The guy I bought it from was with his dad when they got it signed. They also had a notarized letter authenticating the signatures. :)

Nice!

I'm still on the hunt for a nice presenting, affordable #1. I thought i might finally get my hands on one in this last Clink auction but it wasnt to be :(

Pic of the #1? :wishluck: