• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay

3,099 posts in this topic

I noticed Wizard had Deadpool 54 & 55 in the $20+ range.

Why? Low print run, I'm sure. They were pretty cool when they came out. Just a bit surprised to see the prices.

Any true value to the books?

Pat

$20+ is low on them, especially 54.

Wow, that seems like it fits the bill of a hot book. What is the price being realized for these books? Why the interest? I was fortunate to randomly buy them, but just curious.

Pat

Why? Low print run, I'm sure. They were pretty cool when they came out. Just a bit surprised to see the prices.

Pat

Wow, that seems like it fits the bill of a hot book. What is the price being realized for these books? Why the interest? I was fortunate to randomly buy them, but just curious.

Pat

Punisher

Pat

Pat

Punisher

Uhmmm, Punisher has made a ton of guest appearances. I guess, due to low response, that it's due to a low print run.

Pat

Uhmmm, Punisher has made a ton of guest appearances. I guess, due to low response, that it's due to a low print run.

It's a combination of things: lower print run, long-awaited Deadpool-Punisher shootout, Steve Dillon covers, apparently kick-hass story, etc.

If Deadpool 54-55 didn't have Punisher in them and featured covers by Al Milgrom, I double we'd be talking about them.

It's a combination of things: lower print run, long-awaited Deadpool-Punisher shootout, Steve Dillon covers, apparently kick-hass story, etc.

If Deadpool 54-55 didn't have Punisher in them and featured covers by Al Milgrom, I double we'd be talking about them.

54 does have a Dillon cover and interiors, but 55 has a pretty memorable Bradstreet cover. Both of the covers are really nice. I really don't think these books bring more than $25 each. I think my set went for around $30 on ebay.

only for stores, they are a little slow to catch spammers with auctions only lasting 7 days. Trust me on this one

keyword spamming is a guaranteed way to not get my bids, regardless of how much i may want the book.

it's a 893censored-thumb.gif practice and people who do it should be kicked off of eBay sumo.gif

Oh, I don't do it myself....But I can understand people that do do it. Check my auctions and tell me I'm lying. But I've actually bought a book from someone who was spamming CGC when in fact the book was not slabbed. I probably would have missed it if it wasn't spammed that way. (it was an Our Army At War #151, VF and I got it for $45!)

54 does have a Dillon cover and interiors, but 55 has a pretty memorable Bradstreet cover. Both of the covers are really nice. I really don't think these books bring more than $25 each. I think my set went for around $30 on ebay.

I'll take a set for $30! thumbsup2.gif

In your local area, is there any rarity to Alias books (by Marvel)? Didn't seem like it was selling well in the 20s (hence cancellation)? We seem to have a few so I'm able to go back and get most of the run. Just curious.

Pat

Here are my results from posting 4 Modern either "Hot" or potentially "hot" books.

I posted a

NM 16 - Solid NM

Omega Men 2 - Solid NM

Shazam 25 - VF+

ASM 19 - NM

My results were mixed to say the least.

NM 16 - $23 - Here are my results from posting 4 Modern either "Hot" or potentially "hot" books.

I posted a

NM 16 - Solid NM

Omega Men 3 - Solid NM

Shazam 25 - VF+

ASM 19 - NM

NM 16 - $23 - Link

Omega Men 3 - $7 - My NM- copy last week sold for $12 frown.gifLink

Shazam 25 - I sold this one a month too early I took a bath $.55 frown.gif Hell of a find for Moon though. Link

ASM 19 - $8.79 - Not bad, but not the $20 predicted. Link

So in closing some are really hot in high grade while others are lukewarm and one is too early to tell I think.

In your local area, is there any rarity to Alias books (by Marvel)? Didn't seem like it was selling well in the 20s (hence cancellation)? We seem to have a few so I'm able to go back and get most of the run. Just curious.

Pat

Here are my results from posting 4 Modern either "Hot" or potentially "hot" books.

I posted a

NM 16 - Solid NM

Omega Men 2 - Solid NM

Shazam 25 - VF+

ASM 19 - NM

NM 16 - $23 - Here are my results from posting 4 Modern either "Hot" or potentially "hot" books.

I posted a

NM 16 - Solid NM

Omega Men 3 - Solid NM

Shazam 25 - VF+

ASM 19 - NM

NM 16 - $23 - Link

Shazam 25 - I sold this one a month too early I took a bath $.55 frown.gif Hell of a find for Moon though. Link

So in closing some are really hot in high grade while others are lukewarm and one is too early to tell I think.

Starting them out so low was probably a mistake. Just because the ASM 19 sold for $8.79 doesn't mean it couldn't have gone for more if you asked more. If you started it at $9.99, there's a good chance the winning bidder would have bid that much. Maybe no one else would have, but you'd still be ahead. If you started it at $14.99 or $19.99, same thing. It takes 2 to get bidding up, so sometimes you have to help it along with the right starting point, and then it only takes 1.

Pat

I posted a

NM 16 - Solid NM

Omega Men 2 - Solid NM

Shazam 25 - VF+

ASM 19 - NM

I posted a

NM 16 - Solid NM

Omega Men 3 - Solid NM

Shazam 25 - VF+

ASM 19 - NM

NM 16 - $23 - Link

Starting them out so low was probably a mistake. Just because the ASM 19 sold for $8.79 doesn't mean it couldn't have gone for more if you asked more. If you started it at $9.99, there's a good chance the winning bidder would have bid that much. Maybe no one else would have, but you'd still be ahead. If you started it at $14.99 or $19.99, same thing. It takes 2 to get bidding up, so sometimes you have to help it along with the right starting point, and then it only takes 1.

Here is where we disagree. I personally dont believe in the $9.99 theory never have. Ill keep my costs down lower and hope for a bidding war to erupt. Sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt. Starting low also lets me judge the market for future consideration. I am not saying you wont get that just wont get as many looks either though. I never let anyone start at a penny that I wouldnt feel bad selling for it if it actually happens and once in a blue moon it does. I dont even think I have ever used a reserve but once and if its a book I think should have one then I bump the starting bid up to what I think is fair to sell it for. . I just dont give ebay anymore money then I have too. Dont even get me started on paypal.

893censored-thumb.gif