• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay

3,099 posts in this topic

Well with 471 views I sold a raw New Mutants #16 for $17.27 plus shipping

I may not be on fire but considering there were ZERO bids until 1 day remaining, and bid was only $10.01 until last 20 seconds I was surprised.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...O%3AIT&rd=1

If you had a larger scan and actually showed the edges, do you think you would have gotten a higher end result?

i do.

i won't bid on a book with a cropped scan like that. take an additional ten minutes with your scanner, make more money confused-smiley-013.gif

Good advise. thanks for the input flowerred.gif

It seems retailers haven't caught on to NM 16 yet - I saw two VFish copies at the LCS last night for $2 each. Are non uber grades going for decent money?

Also, I lucked into 1st prints of Fell issues 1 and 2 at the LCS for cover price last night yay.gif Issue 1 recently had a 5th print released. First print sets of 1-6 have been going for over $40 on eBay. Not too shabby for $1.99 cover priced issues released in the last year.

-Bob

1st app Warpath.

I hadn't seen Fell taking off. I got the first issue, always willing to give Ellis a shot, but it didn't grab me. Seems the market isn't very solidly on board, either. Ebay stores have it for $4.99, $18, and $37. Hmmm, which one will I buy? Closed auctions also show varying prices, although it's promising that there are people paying full cover price plus shipping for it.

The Lost Girls HC collection has sold out at my LCS, and they had at least 30 of them, so that's gotta be good. SRP was $75, and they are steadily selling for over $100 on ebay. Until second prints come out, they might continue to go up, and even after.

Whats special about NM 16?

First appearance of Warpath (ie James Proudstar, ie Thunderbird II). The character has recently seen a resurgence in popularity thanks to his appearance in Brubaker's run on Uncanny starting with 475. There's also been hype on Uncanny 193 because it's the first time he appears in his Thunderbird costume.

Like most of the New Mutants comics around that time, it still seems like this issue is easy to find in $0.50 bins at conventions... I don't understand how it's drawing way more.

-Bob

Whats special about NM 16?

First appearance of Warpath (ie James Proudstar, ie Thunderbird II). The character has recently seen a resurgence in popularity thanks to his appearance in Brubaker's run on Uncanny starting with 475. There's also been hype on Uncanny 193 because it's the first time he appears in his Thunderbird costume.

Like most of the New Mutants comics around that time, it still seems like this issue is easy to find in $0.50 bins at conventions... I don't understand how it's drawing way more.

-Bob

Nor do I so I am selling while the selling is good acclaim.gif

I am about to put either a complete set of Maxx our just the last 5 issues on ebay to see how they fare.

Also just picked up the last 7 Ghost Riders (Vol2) will let everyone know how they do too

Well with 471 views I sold a raw New Mutants #16 for $17.27 plus shipping

I may not be on fire but considering there were ZERO bids until 1 day remaining, and bid was only $10.01 until last 20 seconds I was surprised.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...O%3AIT&rd=1

If you had a larger scan and actually showed the edges, do you think you would have gotten a higher end result?

i do.

i won't bid on a book with a cropped scan like that. take an additional ten minutes with your scanner, make more money confused-smiley-013.gif

Good advise. thanks for the input flowerred.gif

I agree bigger scans, more detail on grading, and improve your feedback rating as quick as you can. You might have got $25 or higher.

Anyone else notice that ASM Annual 22 is now one of the higher submitted moderns to CGC? Hmmphf and I was mocked earlier for suggesting it insane.gif

I'm surprised that no one is selling Mouse Guard 1 second prints at a higher price than No. 1. The print run for the second printing was only 4,000 copies, while the first print was 8,000. As popular as this book is, you'd think someone would realize that the second printing is fairly rare. The second issue's first printing had a run of 10,000. I got all this information from Mouse Guard creator David Petersen in an interview I did recently.

Mike B.

I am going to put our theories to the test this weekend. I will be listing the following tonight and tomorrow. All are high grade books. All of these books are supposed to be hot or peaking so we will see. All will start at a penny. Feel free to bookmark and watch along my auction tab is listed below.

NM16 - NM

OM3 - NM

Shazam 25 - VF+

ASM 19 - NM

I am going to put our theories to the test this weekend. I will be listing the following tonight and tomorrow. All are high grade books. All of these books are supposed to be hot or peaking so we will see. All will start at a penny. Feel free to bookmark and watch along my auction tab is listed below.

NM16 - NM

OM3 - NM

Shazam 25 - VF+

ASM 19 - NM

I tested the first 2 already in NM. Included high res scans. $10 and $5 respectively...only 1 bid each

brubaker wrote NM16? or are you just keyword spamming.

You already know the answer to that one. But Ill humor you no he didnt.

I was filling some space, but I do see your point on that. I have never had one turned if for that yet, but this one may qualify. Am I allowed to keep the X-men in the title or is that keyword spamming as well from your definition or ebays? confused-smiley-013.gif Get back to me on that and Ill make the necessary changes.

I was filling some space, but I do see your point on that. I have never had one turned if for that yet, but this one may qualify. Am I allowed to keep the X-men in the title or is that keyword spamming as well from your definition or ebays? confused-smiley-013.gif Get back to me on that and Ill make the necessary changes.

I think the X-men in the title is ok. Its an X-Men spin off after all

I noticed Wizard had Deadpool 54 & 55 in the $20+ range.

Why? Low print run, I'm sure. They were pretty cool when they came out. Just a bit surprised to see the prices.

Any true value to the books?

Pat

You can list however you see fit, it's your money. Just deceptive in my book

I noticed Wizard had Deadpool 54 & 55 in the $20+ range.

Why? Low print run, I'm sure. They were pretty cool when they came out. Just a bit surprised to see the prices.

Any true value to the books?

Pat

$20+ is low on them, especially 54.

You can list however you see fit, it's your money. Just deceptive in my book

Your opinion is duly noted sir. thumbsup2.gif

When you spam make sure you add CGC or PGX or NM or Neal Adams or Byrne or fanfrickentastic.....I already made my point on another thread...list your auctions however you want and screw the nit pickers that hate you for it....in the end you get more viewers on your item. Your choice.

When you spam make sure you add CGC or PGX or NM or Neal Adams or Byrne or fanfrickentastic.....I already made my point on another thread...list your auctions however you want and screw the nit pickers that hate you for it....in the end you get more viewers on your item. Your choice.

Can't ebay also pull your listing for key word spamming? confused-smiley-013.gif