• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any One Interested in a MYSTERY IN SPACE Collecting Thread?

648 posts in this topic

This fantastic MIS run gives me new appreciation for the Bethlehem pedigree - these early Adam Strange issues aren't well represented in high grade in any other pedigree collection, even the White Mountain.

This fantastic MIS run gives me new appreciation for the Bethlehem pedigree - these early Adam Strange issues aren't well represented in high grade in any other pedigree collection, even the White Mountain.

Its interesting how Pedigrees can have sections within their total that stand out from the rest.

As stated before a bunch of the Savannah MIS books outshone many other titles in the collection.

Its interesting how Pedigrees can have sections within their total that stand out from the rest.

As stated before a bunch of the Savannah MIS books outshone many other titles in the collection.

The Slobodian and White Mountain copies of these early issues are in similar high grade to the Bethlehems. Condition does vary so if you wanted the "best" you would want to pick a book or two from each collection.

There are 2 things a collector from Europe needs before flying to the US for a comic convention: your passport and your want-list. I managed to forget the latter. The first thing I did was checking my list when I came home yesterday and guess what? I already have a 9.0 copy of the following book. I think that this is a deserved punishment for leaving the second most important thing behind.... And probably also because I'm still old school with my want-list, it's still on paper. If I had downloaded a file into my cell phone this would not have happened.

And it will be tough selling the 9.0 since there are probably only a dozen guys who collect Mystery in Space in the world.

But hey, I still picked up a nice copy of MIS 77!

9364368455_b178b96063_b.jpg

From what I can see the #66 looks better than the #77. Pre-1963 Mystery in Space comics in that type of condition are a fabulous find though!

(thumbs u

The #66 has some small dust shadows and a few tiny tears in the back cover which makes the #77 slightly better. I'm really happy with both of them, I just love those 9.0 and 9.2 copies. Those are my favorite grades for late 50's and early 60's DC books.

From what I can see the #66 looks better than the #77.

Mike was kind enough to show me the MIS 77 at SDCC last weekend, and it looks better in person than in scan - it's a beauty.

From what I can see the #66 looks better than the #77.

Mike was kind enough to show me the MIS 77 at SDCC last weekend, and it looks better in person than in scan - it's a beauty.

Thanks Steve! (thumbs u

I'm a die-hard DC Sci-Fi fan. Those are just awesome books you have. I was at Comic-Con but didn't get the chance to run into you. I hope I do next year and see what you purchase. I also enjoy collecting House of Mystery, Strange Adventures and My Greatest Adventure which I'll scan in the 2nd Tier Sci-Fi thread over the next few days.

I left one House of Mystery with CGC at the Con. It contains Kirby art and cover.

When I get it back, I'll scan it.

SLR

Congrats on your purchases. Any DC collector is automatically a friend of mine.

I'm a die-hard DC Sci-Fi fan. Those are just awesome books you have. I was at Comic-Con but didn't get the chance to run into you. I hope I do next year and see what you purchase. I also enjoy collecting House of Mystery, Strange Adventures and My Greatest Adventure which I'll scan in the 2nd Tier Sci-Fi thread over the next few days.

I left one House of Mystery with CGC at the Con. It contains Kirby art and cover.

When I get it back, I'll scan it.

SLR

Congrats on your purchases. Any DC collector is automatically a friend of mine.

Thanks for your kind words. I would definitely like to meet with you next year at Comic-Con. It's always a pleasure meeting fellow collectors in the US, especially those who like the same stuff I do. Here in France most people tend to collect Marvel, which is fine by me. I like Ditko's Spidey and Doc Strange a lot, but I am more interested in DC.

I really like Strange Adventures. I have always enjoyed reading the few reading copies and the reprints I have. I just love those covers and stories and the art by Infantino, Kane and Anderson. I am really close to starting a "serious" collection of this title.

I will watch out for scans of the books you bought at Comic-Con.

Best

Mike