• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any One Interested in a MYSTERY IN SPACE Collecting Thread?

648 posts in this topic

Mystery In Space #82

A copy from the David Toth collection, a ridiculously nice collection of tough early SA DCs with exceptional paper preservation. This ish has an awesome atomic explosion cover.

MIS82cgc.jpg

Which would be your keeper copy of Mystery In Space #86?

David Toth copy with brilliant cover colors and snow white back cover. Off-white to white pages. Perfect cover registration front to back, but cut a bit tight along the top. Looks like an easy 9.4.

MIS86cgc92.jpg

Or

9.4 top census copy with white pages. Minor wear essentially equivalent to that of the Toth copy. Slight cover miswrap, but cut better top to bottom. Cover stock not as white as the Toth copy, especially along the edges. Deeper color strike on the greens and grays, but less deep on the reds, yellows, and blues.

MIS86cgc.jpg

Which would be your keeper copy of Mystery In Space #86?

David Toth copy with brilliant cover colors and snow white back cover. Off-white to white pages. Perfect cover registration front to back, but cut a bit tight along the top. Looks like an easy 9.4.

MIS86cgc92.jpg

Or

9.4 top census copy with white pages. Minor wear essentially equivalent to that of the Toth copy. Slight cover miswrap, but cut better top to bottom. Cover stock not as white as the Toth copy, especially along the edges. Deeper color strike on the greens and grays, but less deep on the reds, yellows, and blues.

MIS86cgc.jpg

I have two pairs of comics like that where I can't decide between the two so I've just put them both in my main collection!

(shrug)

Magnificent cover from Infantino & Anderson. :applause:

And the last issue of my run, and the end of the uninterrupted Infantino work on Adam Strange, Mystery In Space #90

Spectacular cover art.

MIS90cgc.jpg

Great Books, all of them

Not sure exactly where MIS stands on the scale of respect for covers, probably less than it deserves.

another high grade early cover

comic015.jpg

its actually a one page story where the radio guy on the end of the winch says "please say again that" but by then its too late and they die. From the huge meteor. The meteor that hits them.

:jokealert: