• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
7 7

1,793 posts in this topic

On 7/9/2023 at 4:04 PM, woowoo said:

With a December 1936 date? Detective 1 changed to a March 1937 when it hit the stands. I would love to see your whole 1935 to 1938 titles.

Are you seeking advertisements that show the "NEW" March 1937 date?

I really wish I could find a clean scan of that Action 2 advertisement....

On 8/20/2024 at 6:43 PM, Ameri said:

Recent pickup with a Robinson Crusoe theme on the cover. No such story in the book though. The Federal Men story has a panel that repeats the cover of the #16 and there is some nudity in the Steve Conrad story which was surprising. The inside back cover advertises the Lone Ranger Magazine pulp. 

20240817_222639.jpg

adventure 20G.jpg

adventure 20B.JPG

adventure 20D.jpg

adventure 20E.JPG

Lone Ranger was indeed a Donenfeld pulp.  "Spartan" is the shell company in the indicia  which is probably a take off on the "Trojan" line that the Spicy Detectives, etc. were in.

That's the v02n01October '37 issue (aka #7 in a CGC box) in the ad.

lone_ranger_193710.jpg.b4cf4baa0ae4519693a2a87524991005.jpg

It lasted one more issue then converted to Romantic Western which was more in line with the other Trojan titles (buxom babes in distress on the covers).

On 8/21/2024 at 5:14 PM, kent allard said:

Thanks for bumping this thread.

Here's my modest contribution to the thread ...

This one is shamed by the gorgeous one @CentaurMan posted on Page 8 ... but it's mine, mine, mine (down,down,down - for those that get the reference :shiftyeyes:) mooahahahaha!!! :whee:

image.thumb.jpeg.010730d87e87e01b5fde51cd4ca62bfa.jpeg

Nice grade, but overpaid.  Not even sure why I bought it.  Don't really care that much for the cover, but got blinded by the idea of having a high grade Starman and got caught up in the moment (shrug)

image.thumb.jpeg.e416d5e605f0b67ed1e5b450fa6cbcd9.jpeg

Modest spine roll; worse, there seems to be small amounts of rust near the staples.

image.thumb.jpeg.760583d48d9a1dc80cd47b2a6f728f5c.jpeg

Nice copies! Each one is a winner!  :applause: With issues #63 & #64, you get the run at its most super heroic, with Sandman, Hourman, and Starman!!! A GREAT part of the run to be sure!!! 

On 8/21/2024 at 8:25 AM, Robot Man said:

I listened to Steve Carson and joined up. Have you?

IMG_9364.jpeg

GRAIL! I have 2 sets of the pins, but have never seen a certificate for sale. Super tough. Thanks for sharing it.

On 8/21/2024 at 8:25 AM, Robot Man said:

I listened to Steve Carson and joined up. Have you?

IMG_9364.jpeg

@Robot Man, this is the kind of stuff that makes you a *LEGEND* here.

Do you still own your soul?  (You know, after that YouTube clip you responded with in the other thread, I'm beginning to wonder now hm )   j/k of course lol

On 8/22/2024 at 8:49 AM, gunsmokin said:

signed the year that he passed away.

I guess I never referenced that. We all were so fortunate, not only that he lived a very long, happy life but that he came back into the hobby and was gracious with his time and talents! He did a lot of drawings and recreations, plus signed a lot of autographs for fans and collectors. He was such a cornerstone of early DC Comics!!!