• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
7 7

1,763 posts in this topic

And common as all heck, too. I mean, there are 2 copies coming up in Heritage next month - c'mon!

I would have been better off trading for his 9.8 CGC run of Marvel Fanfare... what was I thinking? doh!

You picked an old Adventure comic over a run of CGC 9.8 books! You must be one of those crazy 1930s collectors! :preach:

You should sell me your totally lame #39. :baiting:

It is totally lame you're right; I just assumed that in this market nobody would want it.

I will trade you for an Amazing Spiderman #500 signature series that's still sealed in the chromium baggy, if you happen to have one.

Tell him there's no back cover to your #39 and see if nearmint still wants it. :whistle:

I know demand is way down for these pre-hero books, they're overpriced in the Guide anyway, the issues kinda suck too... but I thought "What the hey?", so I picked this up in a trade yesterday.

ADV33.jpg

:cloud9: Well you know how I feel about this puppy

Well done Steve.

Can someone supply me with a hi-res scan of the cover New Adventure 16? I have a nice example of the pin that's featured on the cover. I'd love to have a copy of the book, but a nice scan will do in the meantime...

Can someone supply me with a hi-res scan of the cover New Adventure 16? I have a nice example of the pin that's featured on the cover. I'd love to have a copy of the book, but a nice scan will do in the meantime...

Gary, I don't know if this is helpful, but there is a copy in the Heritage archive...

New Adventure #16

Gary, I don't know if this is helpful, but there is a copy in the Heritage archive...

New Adventure #16

Thanks, Jeff, but the pin I own is going to be on display in an exhibit on comic character toys and merchandise. The cover is key in making the connection more profound for the fan who views the pin. What would be best is a high res scan of a raw book, then I can print it and display it with the pin...

I'm looking to pick up a few more New Adventures if anyone knows of any reasonable sellers out there... :wishluck:

This is not one of the better covers, and seemingly one of the more common issues, but it is the Larson.

NewAdv19.jpg

I'm looking to pick up a few more New Adventures if anyone knows of any reasonable sellers out there... :wishluck:

Why waste your money? There's no market for pre-hero DCs, especially New Adventures.

:roflmao:

This is not one of the better covers, and seemingly one of the more common issues, but it is the Larson.

NewAdv19.jpg

Very nice! A more commonly seen New Adventure - then again all NAs seem to be scarce at best! That said, it's still on my want list!

I wonder how Whiz Comics would have turned out, if Baily would have drawn the Cap covers hm

Wasn`t Whiz the biggest selling book of its day? I don`t think it would`ve been helped at all, commercially speaking, by Baily drawing the covers.

Artistically speaking, while I think Baily is okay, I think CC Beck`s covers on Whiz were great.

Why waste your money? There's no market for pre-hero DCs, especially New Adventures.

:roflmao:

That's right, I forgot pre-hero DCs are dead! :tonofbricks: Luckily, I have a post-hero in my stack of pre-hero DCs! :whee:

Adv42.jpg

This is the Top of Census (9.4) copy - simply gorgeous book (with a cover clean).

Flanagan cover.

Adv38.jpg

I note that the Church copy (a 7.5) is missing from the Heritage run next month.

This is the Top of Census (9.4) copy - simply gorgeous book (with a cover clean).

Flanagan cover.

Adv38.jpg

I note that the Church copy (a 7.5) is missing from the Heritage run next month.

Steve, nothing to say about that copy, except (worship) Can I borrow your time machine someday? I promise to only pick up a couple Centaurs to fill holes and leave the DCs for you!