• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

Since we haven't had a post here in days I would like to stir the pot and once again say that the :takeit: rules policy sucks monkey balls.

Discuss.

Anybody got something to drink to wash down my popcorn?

:popcorn:

Since we haven't had a post here in days I would like to stir the pot and once again say that the :takeit: rules policy sucks monkey balls.

So do people who choose to ignore the guidelines. :whistle:

Discuss.

[discussion]

There is no :takeit: rules policy.

[/discussion]

Well, there is the:

"BUYERS When you reply to a sale thread indicating that you'll buy something you must indicate what book you're buying. Otherwise, if someone else is more specific than you are first, your offer won't be considered valid."

from the guidelines. The other reference could be from individual threads where sellers indicate " :takeit: rules" or ":takeit: & PM :takeit: accepted, timestamps win" type policies.

Discuss.

Exactly what rule are you bltching about?

Discuss.

A rule that doesn't exist

I want a rule which forbids sellers from quoting and charging GPA prices for raw books. :baiting:

stirthepot.gif

Edited by Jeffro

Discuss.

[discussion]

There is no :takeit: rules policy.

[/discussion]

lol I wonder what this rule means then? hm

It must list specific books with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for.

Discussion? :roflmao:

Oh, you posted the :takeit: pretty fast (so I must have priced it too low) in the meantime, I've received better offers, so I'm gonna reply "Sorry, book was sold by PM. :) "

Is this what you guys have in mind? :grin:

Discuss.

A rule that doesn't exist

I want a rule which forbids sellers from quoting and charging GPA prices for raw books. :baiting:

stirthepot.gif

:angel:

I have been on the boards for 6 years. What makes it fun is the knowledge one gets from all the pros but also the funny bantering and teasing that is the framework of our cultures personality Also sarcasim is rapant as well

There are rules and guidelines added every year but none removed. With 12 thousand members now the challenge of being a moderator is incredible. There is a lot of bantering and teasing etc because in my opinion we have covered just about every topic ever related to comics and some of us get bored. What is fun is teasing the members we have known for years every once in a while without the fear of getting a strike.

Unless you have shills causing problems. racist remarks, slanderous remarks let people duke it out when appropriate.. The way to do that is to have a duke it out forum with the rules I just mentioned. That way people who get in flame wars can be moved to that forum by the moderator........................ Although I have been here for a long time I don't have many posts like the rest of my 03 class since having a sense of humor is somewhat being discouraged or misinterpreted by the moderator at times and I enjoy that. I also like adding information to the newbies that is helpful. I try to balance it out.

Thanks.

I think we need a Forum Cop (no, not me) with Mod abilities in the Marketplace who can *quickly* get rid of some of the newbie posts that CONSTANTLY puke all over the rules and make it more difficult for real sellers to get their books noticed.

Someone like Awe/Jim, Nik, etc. - a guy who's here buying and knows the deal.

I think we need a Forum Cop (no, not me) with Mod abilities in the Marketplace who can *quickly* get rid of some of the newbie posts that CONSTANTLY puke all over the rules and make it more difficult for real sellers to get their books noticed.

Someone like Awe/Jim, Nik, etc. - a guy who's here buying and knows the deal.

Why not you? You would be perfect