• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

When I first saw that, I thought someone was giving away FREE BOOKS, like some others have done using the same type of thread title - they have some extras laying around, so just pay shipping and it's yours!!

What else does FREE BOOKS mean?

Free: complimentary: costing nothing

Books: a work or composition that has been published

Put those two words together and you get "published works that cost nothing".

I believe you're getting mixed up with the ever-popular "FREE BOOKS WITH PURCHASE" tag

Jesus man, and you wonder why no one likes you...

Hey, lots of people like me, it's just me and nerds that don't get along. Never have, never will and I don't see any way of changing nature.

black-pot-kettle-obj058.jpg

Was that tongue in cheek? You crack me up. :roflmao:

Hey it's not the pot/kettle scenario for me here. I pay enough hookers to "like" me :sumo:

I was referring to the fact that JC seems to think he's *not* a nerd. :gossip:

I still don't understand....are you saying JC is not a father of 2 or 14, benches 300lbs, has so much cash that he can buy all the 9.8 marvel tomato books, played all varsity sports, yet still finds time to peruse the boards at all hours? And that he's actualllllyyyy ***gasp*** a "nerd"????

When I first saw that, I thought someone was giving away FREE BOOKS, like some others have done using the same type of thread title - they have some extras laying around, so just pay shipping and it's yours!!

I believe you're getting mixed up with the ever-popular "FREE BOOKS WITH PURCHASE" tag

Hey, lots of people like me, it's just me and nerds that don't get along. Never have, never will and I don't see any way of changing nature.

black-pot-kettle-obj058.jpg

Was that tongue in cheek? You crack me up. :roflmao:

Hey it's not the pot/kettle scenario for me here. I pay enough hookers to "like" me :sumo:

I was referring to the fact that JC seems to think he's *not* a nerd. :gossip:

I still don't understand....are you saying JC is not a father of 2 or 14, benches 300lbs, has so much cash that he can buy all the 9.8 marvel tomato books, played all varsity sports, yet still finds time to peruse the boards at all hours? And that he's actualllllyyyy ***gasp*** a "nerd"????

You're right. What the hell was I thinking? doh!

Did I miss something? :popcorn:

Much ado about nothing as usual.

Next time keep your negative comments to yourself and you won't look the fool!

You're the only one who has a bug up his azz - did you forget to take your meds?

lol

Then don't ever, EVER play the martyrdom card ever again the next time you get a strike. You acknowledge it is YOUR NATURE.

Did I miss something? :popcorn:

Next time keep your negative comments to yourself and you won't look the fool!

You're the only one who has a bug up his azz - did you forget to take your meds?

Obviously with you selling Preacher #20 for $30 or Rogue #1 for $30, someone is definitely in need of meds. I'll tell you what, take a big on them, call them 10.0 and they can be tomato boxers. Make sure only to pick the ones with the biggest miscuts

I sold my entire Preacher run to include spin-offs for $400. All the books were bought off the shelf new by me years ago, and most if not all were in the NM range. Should have held onto them.
I've still got my entire run - waiting for the time to read them :sorry:

Bought them all in TPB's, I had sellers remorse. Love that fricken series.
Sounds like I should just sell them and be done with them then :kidaround:

well hell, if people on the boards are willing to pay $30 per issue for a modern series...I say sell em and buy the TPBs like I did. I'm even thinking about getting them bound.

well hell, if people on the boards are willing to pay $30 per issue for a modern series...I say sell em and buy the TPBs like I did. I'm even thinking about getting them bound.

I saw them for sale at that price, not sure how many of them actually sold at that price - there is a big difference......, :baiting:

Then why do you hang out on a board that is a blatant nerdfest (self-proclaimed nerd here)? Or collect comics?

4srious question.

Maybe you should take up collecting blowtorches or knives.

Obviously with you selling Preacher #20 for $30 or Rogue #1 for $30, someone is definitely in need of meds. I'll tell you what, take a big on them, call them 10.0 and they can be tomato boxers. Make sure only to pick the ones with the biggest miscuts

Dear little man,

Don't get me started on the Intentionally-Defaced, Over-Priced, Printed Yesterday, Encased in Plastic Krap that you pawn off to the "collecting community" as somehow interesting or worthwhile. Just go back to backwoods hole in the ground you call home and frick the cat while your at it lol

your friend and admirer,

:P

Dear little man,

Don't get me started on the Intentionally-Defaced, Over-Priced, Printed Yesterday, Encased in Plastic Krap that you pawn off to the "collecting community" as somehow interesting or worthwhile. Just go back to backwoods hole in the ground you call home and frick the cat while your at it lol

your friend and admirer,

:P

I can say this because I've met Anthony, he's one of the nicest, patient people out there. He'll help a fellow boardie if asked, even if he just meets em once at a Con. So when you insult a person like that, the way you just did, makes you come off as a complete tool.

I've had many good dealings with Anthony over the years too, and I'm sure he's a nice guy, and he's many good dealings with me, and just like him I'm a nice guy too. :) I haven't met him, but he's the one who went out of his way to be silly here. It's tit-for tat in print, my friend.

New Books! New Grades! No Freebies!

Ah . . . honesty IS the best policy :grin:

For those who didn't see this as it was already buried. This is what Divad decided to post in jon's selling thread. So if I started this then let's see it. Anyone else calls someone out on the boards, it's a 4000 post tirade in general.

Divad thought he was a hot shot posting this and then taking his rant here. He was completely in the wrong. Just so happens Jon is a nice guy, so I took divad to task. Once again he acts like it's a big joke to call into question someone's honesty and hide behind joke graemlins. He also thinks he a cool old guy by sending PM's to people as it's harder to call him out.