• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

And just to be clear, I don't care WHAT you sell, just create a DESCRIPTIVE THREAD TITLE. Like "Modern Age SS Slabs!!". (thumbs u

"Lotsa Books!" just doesn't cut it in 2009. :makepoint:

I agree. But then again, I've already identified the sellers who have repeatedly specialized in SS Moderns and don't bother looking at their selling threads...regardless of what they're selling or what they have in the title...

Jim

How about a guideline that keeps sellers from advertising books as "having upgrade potential".....when it's clear from the scan/images that they don't. I don't mind sellers advertising books as "pressable", but I do mind when sellers advertise books as "pressable" when they're clearly not. 2c

Personally, there is absolutely no need to even mention that (shrug)

Why bother? If it can be pressed out, then by all means, knock yourself out and get it done.

Then why do you hang out on a board that is a blatant nerdfest

The same reason I DON'T hang out on the Lost, Heroes, BSG, Buffy, Alias, Star Trek, Star Wars, Dr Who, Chuck, or MythBusters forums - I *just* collect BA comics.

Best comment ever:

"Geeks will watch just about anything if it’s on television, no matter how awful it may be. And they’ll happily buy whatever merchandise for the show you’d like to sell, they’ll happily quote lines from it, they’ll call it “the best show on television” and they’ll happily write fan fiction about it. But if you really want them to show their interest in and devotion to a show, all you have to do is cancel it. That’s when the geek truly shines.

Sure, they’ll moan and complain and create petitions and mail food to TV companies, but deep in their hearts they are delighted and proud that their beloved show is canceled. This is because geek programs are only canceled for one reason: they were too good for TV. Having his show be canceled validates the geek’s idea that his tastes are far above that of the ignorant, sheep-like masses.

Having a show canceled also has another upside for the geek. If it’s no longer in production, all those meddling writers, producers, actors, and studios can’t “mess it up” for him by having things happen on the show that blatantly contradict the obvious “right way” things would happen, were the geek in charge. It saves him the later trouble of having to declare he’s going to boycott the show (he won’t) because someone on the show did something that was “totally out of character”.

It puts the show into a little snowglobe the geek can cradle and protect from the cruel outside world. The geek and his friends now own and control it and it is finally where it belongs, in the hands of the “true fans”."

The same reason I DON'T hang out on the Lost, Heroes, BSG, Buffy, Alias, Star Trek, Star Wars, Dr Who, Chuck, or MythBusters forums - I *just* collect BA comics.

Best comment ever:

"Geeks will watch just about anything if it’s on television, no matter how awful it may be. And they’ll happily buy whatever merchandise for the show you’d like to sell, they’ll happily quote lines from it, they’ll call it “the best show on television” and they’ll happily write fan fiction about it. But if you really want them to show their interest in and devotion to a show, all you have to do is cancel it. That’s when the geek truly shines.

Sure, they’ll moan and complain and create petitions and mail food to TV companies, but deep in their hearts they are delighted and proud that their beloved show is canceled. This is because geek programs are only canceled for one reason: they were too good for TV. Having his show be canceled validates the geek’s idea that his tastes are far above that of the ignorant, sheep-like masses.

Having a show canceled also has another upside for the geek. If it’s no longer in production, all those meddling writers, producers, actors, and studios can’t “mess it up” for him by having things happen on the show that blatantly contradict the obvious “right way” things would happen, were the geek in charge. It saves him the later trouble of having to declare he’s going to boycott the show (he won’t) because someone on the show did something that was “totally out of character”.

It puts the show into a little snowglobe the geek can cradle and protect from the cruel outside world. The geek and his friends now own and control it and it is finally where it belongs, in the hands of the “true fans”."

and you searched out this information why?

Best comment ever:

I guess sometimes it just hits too close to home. By changing a handful of words we get:

Best comment ever:

"Geeks will buy just about anything if it’s from the bronze age, no matter how awful it may be. And they’ll happily buy whatever merchandise for the comic you’d like to sell, they’ll happily quote lines from it, they’ll call it “the best comic ever" and they’ll happily write fan fiction about it. But if you really want them to show their interest in and devotion to a comic, all you have to do is remove their fan favorite team. That’s when the geek truly shines.

Sure, they’ll moan and complain and create petitions and mail food to comic companies, but deep in their hearts they are delighted and proud that their beloved artist/writer team was removed. This is because geek creative teams are only removed for one reason: they were too good for comics. Having his favorite creators removed validates the geek’s idea that his tastes are far above that of the ignorant, sheep-like masses.

Having a comic/creative team canceled or removed also has another upside for the geek. If it’s no longer in production, all those meddling writers& artists can’t “mess it up” for him by having things happen in the comic that blatantly contradict the obvious “right way” things would happen, were the geek in charge. It saves him the later trouble of having to declare he’s going to boycott the modern comics because someone in the comic did something that was “totally out of character”.

It puts the comic into a little snowglobe the geek can cradle and protect from the cruel outside world. The geek and his friends now own and control it and it is finally where it belongs, in the hands of the “true fans”."

Best comment ever:

"Geeks will watch just about anything if its on television, no matter how awful it may be. And theyll happily buy whatever merchandise for the show youd like to sell, theyll happily quote lines from it, theyll call it the best show on television and theyll happily write fan fiction about it. But if you really want them to show their interest in and devotion to a show, all you have to do is cancel it. Thats when the geek truly shines.

Sure, theyll moan and complain and create petitions and mail food to TV companies, but deep in their hearts they are delighted and proud that their beloved show is canceled. This is because geek programs are only canceled for one reason: they were too good for TV. Having his show be canceled validates the geeks idea that his tastes are far above that of the ignorant, sheep-like masses.

Having a show canceled also has another upside for the geek. If its no longer in production, all those meddling writers, producers, actors, and studios cant mess it up for him by having things happen on the show that blatantly contradict the obvious right way things would happen, were the geek in charge. It saves him the later trouble of having to declare hes going to boycott the show (he wont) because someone on the show did something that was totally out of character.

It puts the show into a little snowglobe the geek can cradle and protect from the cruel outside world. The geek and his friends now own and control it and it is finally where it belongs, in the hands of the true fans."

I guess sometimes it just hits too close to home. By changing a handful of words we get:

Best comment ever:

"Geeks will buy just about anything if its from the bronze age, no matter how awful it may be. And theyll happily buy whatever merchandise for the comic youd like to sell, theyll happily quote lines from it, theyll call it the best comic ever" and theyll happily write fan fiction about it. But if you really want them to show their interest in and devotion to a comic, all you have to do is remove their fan favorite team. Thats when the geek truly shines.

Sure, theyll moan and complain and create petitions and mail food to comic companies, but deep in their hearts they are delighted and proud that their beloved artist/writer team was removed. This is because geek creative teams are only removed for one reason: they were too good for comics. Having his favorite creators removed validates the geeks idea that his tastes are far above that of the ignorant, sheep-like masses.

Having a comic/creative team canceled or removed also has another upside for the geek. If its no longer in production, all those meddling writers& artists cant mess it up for him by having things happen in the comic that blatantly contradict the obvious right way things would happen, were the geek in charge. It saves him the later trouble of having to declare hes going to boycott the modern comics because someone in the comic did something that was totally out of character.

It puts the comic into a little snowglobe the geek can cradle and protect from the cruel outside world. The geek and his friends now own and control it and it is finally where it belongs, in the hands of the true fans."

:signfunny::roflmao:

I guess sometimes it just hits too close to home. By changing a handful of words we get

... potentially the worst attempt at humor ever?

Seriously, if this wasn't directed at me, you'd get a lot of meh , :tonofbricks: and :whistle: from the forum faithful for such an ultra-lame post, but call me a pooh-pooh-head and the house comes down. :banana:

I guess sometimes it just hits too close to home. By changing a handful of words we get

Seriously, if this wasn't directed at me, you'd get a lot of meh , :tonofbricks: and :whistle: from the forum faithful for such an ultra-lame post, but call me a pooh-pooh-head and the house comes down. :banana:

pooh-pooh-head :baiting:

pooh-pooh-head :baiting:

:roflmao:

Much ado about nothing as usual.

Obviously with you selling Preacher #20 for $30 or Rogue #1 for $30, someone is definitely in need of meds. I'll tell you what, take a big on them, call them 10.0 and they can be tomato boxers. Make sure only to pick the ones with the biggest miscuts

Dear little man,

Don't get me started on the Intentionally-Defaced, Over-Priced, Printed Yesterday, Encased in Plastic Krap that you pawn off to the "collecting community" as somehow interesting or worthwhile. Just go back to backwoods hole in the ground you call home and frick the cat while your at it lol

your friend and admirer,

:P

divad...uncool man, just uncool. First of all: there's nothing wrong with being little OR living in KY :sumo: i know because i am vertically challenged and i grew up in KY (: And to question ANYTHING about Anthony is ridiculous. Also, JJ rocks face...both have gone above and beyond for me in the past....

Dunbar, you are still cool in my book, but your cool meter just dropped a few points...

if ya gotta call people out, how about you pick out someone who's WORTH calling out :shrug:

Attempting to talk on moderns and SS is pretty poor when you specialize in mid grade 70s books (: i know because i have sent you two packages containing some underground 70's garbage in the past three weeks (thumbs u

just two points and then i'm done..

1) high grade modern SS > low-mid grade 70s

2) Anthony + JJ > divad

(: (: (:

I dislike the practice of putting qualifiers like "good stuff" and "no junk" in the sale thread titles, then proceeding to post nothing but junk and bad stuff in the thread. :mad:

How about people like cd4ever who advertise "no good stuff" and "junk" and then deliver the goods as promised?

It's definitely a two-way street . . . :grin:

No way - it's one way with cd4ever :thumbsup:

plus, I've never known him to post moderns or SS books...., hm

Or Golden Age/Silver Age that smells and will crumble in your hands one day :roflmao:

:signfunny:

Viva la modern revolucion!

+1

Much ado about nothing as usual.

Obviously with you selling Preacher #20 for $30 or Rogue #1 for $30, someone is definitely in need of meds. I'll tell you what, take a big on them, call them 10.0 and they can be tomato boxers. Make sure only to pick the ones with the biggest miscuts

Dear little man,

Don't get me started on the Intentionally-Defaced, Over-Priced, Printed Yesterday, Encased in Plastic Krap that you pawn off to the "collecting community" as somehow interesting or worthwhile. Just go back to backwoods hole in the ground you call home and frick the cat while your at it lol

your friend and admirer,

:gossip:

You're = YOU ARE

doh!

You're = YOU ARE

doh!

I always hate when people mix that one up, too.

Oh, and people shouldn't krap on moderns or SS lest their individual tastes be krapped upon. We are all passionate about different things and no one has the right to say what is good, bad, or ugly. 'Cause believe me, I've seen some things from every era on here that leaves me scratching my head as to why people like it.

But the important part is that I RESPECT their right to love whatever kind of comics they love. Too bad some people can't show the same respect to others on here.

You're = YOU ARE

doh!

I always hate when people mix that one up, too.

Oh, and people shouldn't krap on moderns or SS lest their individual tastes be krapped upon. We are all passionate about different things and no one has the right to say what is good, bad, or ugly. 'Cause believe me, I've seen some things from every era on here that leaves me scratching my head as to why people like it.

But the important part is that I RESPECT their right to love whatever kind of comics they love. Too bad some people can't show the same respect to others on here.

+1 Great post T.J. :applause: