• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
23 23

4,845 posts in this topic

On 8/27/2022 at 12:07 PM, flashlites said:

So with the recent news about WB selling and reorganizing, what are your thoughts Flash Fans? Do you ever think we will see the Flash movie?

The Flash Movie Trailer and Crisis On Infinite Earths Movie Breakdown -  YouTube

Unfortunately I do not have a crystal ball, but I would hope to see a Flash movie in the not too distant future that's given top rate treatment like the most recent Batman movies.  :wishluck:

On 9/6/2022 at 9:48 PM, Jaylam said:

Still waiting for someone to gift me their "only one on the census" 9.6 copy of Showcase #4! :insane:

Me too! And that brings up an interesting conversation for us Flash Fans that don't have a copy of SC #4. Could we ever get one? Are there any coverless copies out there? How about incomplete copies? What do those run? Could we even afford one of those? Lets discuss...

On 9/7/2022 at 10:02 AM, evilskip said:

In spite of owning the Flash Silver Age tpbs, I'm still picking up individual issues. Here are a few that I've picked up the past year or so. More to follow if I can find the old scans/pics.

5686062.jpg

5904754.jpg

6230816.jpg

flash 120.jpg

That 120 and the 153 are 2 of my favorite covers! Nice pick ups there :cloud9:

On 9/7/2022 at 7:08 AM, flashlites said:

Me too! And that brings up an interesting conversation for us Flash Fans that don't have a copy of SC #4. Could we ever get one? Are there any coverless copies out there? How about incomplete copies? What do those run? Could we even afford one of those? Lets discuss...

I found a 1.5 copy asking price, wait for it...$10,700! Wow! So would an incomplete be maybe half or more of that? Coverless would probably be even less?

Been away too long, (closed business in March - but still not finished cleaning up) bought new home and now stuck living between two as the old one needs fixing up to sell, and preparing for a US trip my wife and I have talked about for years ( Oh wait do you mean NYCC is on the week we are in Manhattan, what a coincidence - and funny but we both have tickets too), but when sorting through my boxers pulling out stuff to be signed I cam across this.

SA Flash appearance actually amazingly picked this up here (they were never sold here)

002.JPG

On 9/11/2022 at 12:40 AM, Terry E. Gibbs said:

Been away too long, (closed business in March - but still not finished cleaning up) bought new home and now stuck living between two as the old one needs fixing up to sell, and preparing for a US trip my wife and I have talked about for years ( Oh wait do you mean NYCC is on the week we are in Manhattan, what a coincidence - and funny but we both have tickets too), but when sorting through my boxers pulling out stuff to be signed I cam across this.

SA Flash appearance actually amazingly picked this up here (they were never sold here)

002.JPG

This is great to see, thank you for sharing it! Glad to hear things are coming together for you two, happy to hear you are getting back to your normal routine and coming out to cons over here again!

On 9/15/2022 at 8:02 AM, flashlites said:

So amazing! You are so lucky to have a SC4! Every SC4 purchase has a great story to it I am finding out, care to share yours? Love the Star Wars action figures too BTW, thanks so much for sharing!

Thanks. No big story other than it was a book I had been the bridesmaid on for about 4 years. It was the only bigger Silverage key I had never owned or owned currently but I kept missing out on them. This one was through Heritage and marked the right boxes for me. Very happy to own it.

On 9/16/2022 at 7:08 PM, PKJ said:

Thanks. No big story other than it was a book I had been the bridesmaid on for about 4 years. It was the only bigger Silverage key I had never owned or owned currently but I kept missing out on them. This one was through Heritage and marked the right boxes for me. Very happy to own it.

Some say every comic is a little piece of comic book history...but that book wow! The day the Silver Age began! The day the heroes started to make their comeback! The making of a new era! Just an amazing piece of history to own. In my mind there's Action Comics #1 (and of course Detective Comics #27 and for us Flash Fans, Flash Comics #1) and then there's Showcase #4. AC#1 the beginning of an era and then SC#4 the rebirth of a new era! Two huge marks on the industry, without these books what would we be talking about here?