• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

On 2/12/2023 at 11:43 AM, Frisco Larson said:

These later Master issues were ones that I really hadn't looked at much in the past. I picked this one up a few months ago at a local show and thought it was cool and a book that I'd never seen before. There are some cool ones in the higher numbering!  (thumbsu

Master Comics 87.jpg

Cool book. Yes, plenty of great Capt Jr and Master Comics covers beyond Raboy. Not saying 'as great' but in a league of their own, many with 'horror' themes .

On 2/15/2023 at 9:25 PM, sagii said:

Cool book. Yes, plenty of great Capt Jr and Master Comics covers beyond Raboy. Not saying 'as great' but in a league of their own, many with 'horror' themes .

Thanks! For the longest time, Fawcett was just a publisher where nothing really excited me much, beyond some early Whiz, perhaps some Bulletman issues. Then I started seeing some of Raboy's work and some interiors of Spy Smasher and Captain Midnight and discovered that there was more there than I initially thought. I don't have very many at present, but I DO have what could be called a growing stack! (thumbsu Here's what I feel is one of the "better" ones I've picked up. 

Captain Marvel 11.jpg

On 2/15/2023 at 8:21 PM, L'Angelo Misterioso said:

xor16bnyhx7a1.thumb.webp.9e7951f2e66bcaf81cc8c6c8be4f13e4.webp

I posted these in the Timely thread (I'm aware that there is an EC in here haha). I'm new to vintage comic collecting and due to the newfound interest in them, I thought it would be interesting to peruse a deceased relative's collection. We have many comics in the house, but these were the only non-reprint GA books I could find. Now I'm interested in buying more GA, but being in college, I highly doubt there will be more Timelys in my near future. 

Welcome to the madness. That's a helluva start!  :applause:

On 2/16/2023 at 5:59 PM, Point Five said:

Welcome to the madness. That's a helluva start!  :applause:

Yeah I thought that too until a user on r/comicbookcollecting unearthed her grandfather's collection of 750 GA comics. All found in a barn, high grade, Timelys, Fiction House, Quality, the entire Phantom Lady run, single digit Supermans, early Batman, etc... Nothing will beat THAT start. Still, can't wait to acquire more nice books!

On 2/18/2023 at 3:44 AM, JQ Comics said:

Beautiful book!!! 🤩. I don’t understand why CGC isn’t catching these mistakes. 
I have a copy of Silver Streak 17 with a clear Harold Curtis Pedigree signature! Ive been trying to get the gold label as well! hm

9FDAB478-8B31-429D-838B-F952DD9F8B2A.jpeg

Great looking book🫡😃

On 2/18/2023 at 3:44 AM, JQ Comics said:

Beautiful book!!! 🤩. I don’t understand why CGC isn’t catching these mistakes. 
I have a copy of Silver Streak 17 with a clear Harold Curtis Pedigree signature! Ive been trying to get the gold label as well! hm

9FDAB478-8B31-429D-838B-F952DD9F8B2A.jpeg

Cool book, not often you see Silver Streak

On 2/18/2023 at 3:37 AM, JQ Comics said:

Beautiful books!!! Love me some Timely!! :cheers:

D85B0104-FB50-44A2-90E1-9DF28CDAE2DD.jpeg

After some thinking, this might me one of my favorite covers in all of GA superheroes. Aaaand I just checked GoCollect and it seems like I'm priced way out of this one. Really cool book

On 2/21/2023 at 5:13 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Are the colors on the pic representative of how the book looks? 

Not really. The red background, which is deep on the book, looks sorta orangish in the scan.