• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

On 3/14/2023 at 6:05 PM, Manray said:

I'm not sure this is the right thread but I was hoping the community could help me identify which Superman comic the attached image comes from. It looks like a splash page but I'm really not sure. Any ideas would be appreciated

thumbnail.jpg

That looks like Superman 6 to me.

On 3/21/2023 at 7:54 AM, buttock said:

Blackhawks from this era are TOUGH!

I am surprised. I just read an article in Alter Ego where one of the editors stated that Blackhawk was selling through 600k copies at 99%. Seems like a lot of books should be out there. However, great Crandall art and pretty good stories=read to death. 

Anyway, these will be liberated from their tombs in a few days.

On 3/21/2023 at 8:17 AM, johnenock said:

I am surprised. I just read an article in Alter Ego where one of the editors stated that Blackhawk was selling through 600k copies at 99%. Seems like a lot of books should be out there. However, great Crandall art and pretty good stories=read to death. 

Anyway, these will be liberated from their tombs in a few days.

From around the (issue) 40s through the 60s they were printed on terrible paper.  They can be found easily enough, but anything FN or better is almost impossible.