• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

I've not posted anything new in quite awhile. Did some scanning today so let's get these out in the open. Colors didn't do right, bummer.

CGCBrickBradford6_zpsb9deb1db.jpg

I've always liked this cover. Very nice book :applause:

eBay win minutes ago ... oddly enough only 3 copies rank higher (shrug)

DetectiveComics42-00002015.jpg

:applause: Always liked that one as its special : probably the only early smiling Batman Tec cover. Love the Batman letting Robin do the biz on this one too. Nice copy!

I picked up a few more cool "Paul" books this week. The gravy train on this collection has pretty well run dry. Will now have to find them in the wild like stray Larsons or Riley books. (It does happen from time to time).

compep56paul_zps15809492.jpg

12906679883_cf166b2261_b.jpg

I like the early Peps that still have The Hangman. I think this splash is from Pep 40.

Glad you got those Bill. That Comic Cavalcade is a tough one for that title. I have two that he filled out a coupon in. Nice to know where they came from. I guess when he moved to the west coast he brought them with him. But what I heard, he was a very strange "horder" type of guy. Joe showed me some books he had where Paul wrote when and where he got them, and how much he paid. A couple said that he "purloined" (stole) them. There were a ton of pulps, other magazines and loads of books and sci-fi fanzines. The collection ran up untill about 8 years ago. Like the Church collection, the family "wanted them gone". I think Jim has a nice Wacky Duck #4 (infinity cover) that has his full name on the cover.

Glad you got those Bill. That Comic Cavalcade is a tough one for that title. I have two that he filled out a coupon in. Nice to know where they came from. I guess when he moved to the west coast he brought them with him. But what I heard, he was a very strange "horder" type of guy. Joe showed me some books he had where Paul wrote when and where he got them, and how much he paid. A couple said that he "purloined" (stole) them. There were a ton of pulps, other magazines and loads of books and sci-fi fanzines. The collection ran up untill about 8 years ago. Like the Church collection, the family "wanted them gone". I think Jim has a nice Wacky Duck #4 (infinity cover) that has his full name on the cover.

It's the back story that makes them even cooler :cloud9:

Thanks for the additional info Bob