• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

all31227a_zps9f306aa8.jpg

Not the best graded copy, but it is from an original owner collection. His family had to sell his boyhood comics to help defray his medical bills. Very poignant I thought. It has an arrival date on the cover as well which I actually like as long as they aren't out of control. I think it adds an air of provenance to the book. Plus this is the 1st time Superman and Batman appear together in a story. This seems to be an under valued series as well as under appreciated. My next All Star book will hopefully be #12 or the Grundy classic cover. #3 or #8 will simply be out of the question for now.

Edited by Randall Ries

Not the best graded copy, but it is from an original owner collection. His family had to sell his boyhood comics to help defray his medical bills. Very poignant I thought. It has an arrival date on the cover as well which I actually like as long as they aren't out of control. I think it adds an air of provenance to the book. Plus this is the 1st time Superman and Batman appear together in a story. This seems to be an under valued series as well as under appreciated. My next All Star book will hopefully be #12 or the Grundy classic cover. #3 or #8 will simply be out of the question for now.

I always liked that book, with the emotional 'war orphans' cover. That's a terrific looking 7.0.

I always liked that book, with the emotional 'war orphans' cover. That's a terrific looking 7.0.

+1

Thank you. Esquire Comics had a CGC 9.0 for sale for the longest time and I would drool over it. Think Mark wanted $3200 for it. Pretty reasonable price, I thought. It eventually sold and I'm glad now that I didn't get it. This one means more to me because of the back story.

Startling%2032_zpsbtn0a410.jpg

Hi Bill. Nice "Paul" haul! Being a Schomburg fan this of course is my favorite. Also like the TEC #58 and 135. Looks like your dillegence is paying off. Interesting to note that none of these Tecs were in Ed's pictures. I know a lot of them slipped through the cracks because they were all mixed up in different boxes. I was only seeing them in groups of 2 or 3 short boxes at a time all mixed up. I know Joe put many of what he that was best or key on the bay. But I don't remember seeing any of these. I know Jim and maybe 1 or 2 small buyers got into them as well. I'd love to know where these came from just to trace the lineage of the collection. I don't want to horn on your deal as I know you are still actively seeking them. Besides, our interests are pretty different anyway. If you want to tell me, you can PM me. If not, no hassle and I understand.

And, if you get bored with that Startling you know who would give it a good home...