• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,399 posts in this topic

Picking this up during the week from a friend, her boyfriend found it in a box of old books, it was the only comic in there and she asked me if I wanted to buy it. Very excited as it's my 1st wartime DC book, and paid for with profits from a load of Ultimate Fallout #4s I bought for 50 cents each :grin:

<a  href=SUPERMAN-23_zpsd9ce699a.jpg' alt='SUPERM

So how much did you pay for it? :wink:

$200

Picking this up during the week from a friend, her boyfriend found it in a box of old books, it was the only comic in there and she asked me if I wanted to buy it. Very excited as it's my 1st wartime DC book, and paid for with profits from a load of Ultimate Fallout #4s I bought for 50 cents each :grin:

p><p> ...that

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

A week or so ago I was browsing Metro and saw a newly-listed Hit 17 VF. No scan, so I planned to call in the AM and ask for a scan. Needless to say it was gone by the AM. So I drowned my sorrows with this one instead. Hoping others will post their early Hits too!

16106166425_2df22d0528_b.jpgThis is kind of a mix of bits and pieces. Hit 5 is just a copy.

Hit 15 is actually 12 covering a copy of Hit 15.

2249204865_d216495551_z.jpg6996402383_d26466ff21_z.jpg

Great looking Hit covers. Dig these cool books! :applause:

Here's the Church copy of #33. Picked it up a few months back. Just scanned this evening.

Love the early Bill Ward cover. Back in the day, his work on adult stuff always seemed to captured my adolescent mind. :insane:

HC-33_church-copy.jpg

A few I was happy to pick up.

lfZRQZU6GB_zpssg73jqfj.jpg

lfP43GE4H2_zps84xw83vt.jpg

lf87UPX65F_zpsqnjh1iw4.jpg

..... nice haul, Greg...... that Planet ....isn't that one of the issues with Baker AND Kamen stories in it ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12

Here's the Church copy of #33. Picked it up a few months back. Just scanned this evening.

Love the early Bill Ward cover. Back in the day, his work on adult stuff always seemed to captured my adolescent mind. :insane:

HC-33_church-copy.jpg

Pretty book!

Thanks everybody!

Pretty sure that's my old copy. Sold it on the boards several years ago. Great pick-up!

It has a pretty distinguishing dog ear crease on the bottom right corner. The book looks much nicer than a 5. The crease I think prevents any upgrade potential so I'm going to leave it as is.

Thanks everybody!
Pretty sure that's my old copy. Sold it on the boards several years ago. Great pick-up!

It has a pretty distinguishing dog ear crease on the bottom right corner. The book looks much nicer than a 5. The crease I think prevents any upgrade potential so I'm going to leave it as is.

That's the right thing to do. It's a very presentable copy. (thumbs u

My newest acquisition. Traded an X-Men 1 cgc 1.5 for this and some cash.

374F64D7-7584-40BD-BB5C-D664BC63B3A2_zpsunvpwzbq.jpg

SCORE!!! What fool would trade that for an low grade X-Men #1? Probably the cash part talked to him. That is a keeper!

I was the one who received cash in addition to the superman 10. I only gave up the xmen 1.

Definitely a keeper. I'm slowly building my superman run. 6,9,10,14, 18, and 22.

Maybe a GPA driven deal?

12-mo aves

Supes 10 5.0 $885

X-Men 1 1.5 $1,030

Still, unless that was the best-looking X-Men 1.5 in history, I wouldn't have given up the Supes 10 even straight up.

Of course, this is the GA board. :D