• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

Master%2025%20Rockford_zpszfyzmxsq.jpg

(thumbs u

:takeit:

I think there may be a long line if he ever wants to part with this one. :D

Should have kept my old copy. Can't for the life of me remember why I parted with such awesomeness...

master25.jpg

Two of the top four graded copies. (thumbs u

all31227a_zps9f306aa8.jpg

Not the best graded copy, but it is from an original owner collection. His family had to sell his boyhood comics to help defray his medical bills. Very poignant I thought. It has an arrival date on the cover as well which I actually like as long as they aren't out of control. I think it adds an air of provenance to the book. Plus this is the 1st time Superman and Batman appear together in a story. This seems to be an under valued series as well as under appreciated. My next All Star book will hopefully be #12 or the Grundy classic cover. #3 or #8 will simply be out of the question for now.

Great book Randall! I love me some All Star Comics :)

Hello...... My first (I hope) of many posts. I'm glad to have found this site finally! Long story short. I grew up a kid of the 80's and collected just about everything I shouldn't of had besides old Detective and Batman comics.. "Classic X-Men"... of all things right?.... While my older brother picked up Uncanny and Thor and Older Captain America's..... Anyways fast forward to now and I am once again hooked on Golden Age collecting.... If anyone could steer me to a topic on older Batman/Detective that would so awsome!.. Thanks to whoever let me join the group... Daniel

Hello...... My first (I hope) of many posts. I'm glad to have found this site finally! Long story short. I grew up a kid of the 80's and collected just about everything I shouldn't of had besides old Detective and Batman comics.. "Classic X-Men"... of all things right?.... While my older brother picked up Uncanny and Thor and Older Captain America's..... Anyways fast forward to now and I am once again hooked on Golden Age collecting.... If anyone could steer me to a topic on older Batman/Detective that would so awsome!.. Thanks to whoever let me join the group... Daniel

I'm more of a Timely (Marvel) guy & a night owl who browses the boards after the old farts have turned in for the night. lol

Anyway, here's a thread on DC collecting (inc. Bats & Supes) that should get you into some interesting conversations (there are plenty more, this was just easy to locate)...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7190225#Post7190225

You already know that GA collecting is addictive, so WTTB, Daniel! (thumbs u

Hello......my older brother picked up Uncanny and Thor and Older Captain America's........ Daniel

How come he isn't posting?

WELCOME! :whee:

mm

Welcome to the boards! I just joined up a couple months ago and have had a good time here. Very knowledgeable and friendly group of people!

Welcome to the Boards Daniel :hi:

Here's some more Detective threads for you:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4124539&fpart=1

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5503247#Post5503247

One of the Fox titles, IIRC

Incorrect.

The Balkan, Returia, Merovia references are eerily similar to Latveria

I found this very interesting when reading this comic yesterday

Hmmm. There was a Dr Doom character in Science Comics...obviously not the one you cited. Now I'm gonna have to go sniff around.