• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

17605112011_c3aeb79a43_c.jpg

I picked up a few more Mighty Mouse comics and a new cover a while back and mighty happy with them all.

I really gotta get some stairs

These Schomburg GH's are growing on me.

GREENHORNET15_zpstdte2jmn.jpg

I have two copies of that comic and like it a lot but the cover isn't by Schomburg. I think it is by Avison. This argument comes back every year or two and eventually people give in. It doesn't have the same appearance as Schomburg's other covers for Harvey.

11950914625_8cd64bb277_b.jpg

These Schomburg GH's are growing on me.

GREENHORNET15_zpstdte2jmn.jpg

I have two copies of that comic and like it a lot but the cover isn't by Schomburg. I think it is by Avison. This argument comes back every year or two and eventually people give in. It doesn't have the same appearance as Schomburg's other covers for Harvey.

11950914625_8cd64bb277_b.jpg

Interesting. GCD seems to be hedging its bets by listing both. The only graded copy I could find in the HA archives (old label) credits Schomburg.

The hooded Nazi looks Schomburgy to me. hm

On a related note: Does anyone know how many hooded-Nazi covers there are? Now that would be an interesting niche collection! :D

I know I have a LOT of them buried in the boxes. There're some great ones too. Maybe I will put that on the "subset" file drawer...

Green Hornets or hooded-Nazi covers? hm

I bought the first two issues at the newsstand in the summer of 1953, the last on eBay about 10 years ago.

mwtavn.jpg

I guess I always liked the superhero mouse. I remember reading the 3D comic when I was a kid and watching the cartoon show on TV. I read a few of the others but missed most of them. My brother started the duck collection and only liked the Barks' stories. I purchased the first two 3D comics at the flea market 15-20 years ago and picked up the 3d on ebay several years ago.

Fun to collect, I believe the Oil Can Harry cartoons tended to be more musical.

I bought the first two issues at the newsstand in the summer of 1953, the last on eBay about 10 years ago.

mwtavn.jpg

I guess I always liked the superhero mouse. I remember reading the 3D comic when I was a kid and watching the cartoon show on TV. I read a few of the others but missed most of them. My brother started the duck collection and only liked the Barks' stories. I purchased the first two 3D comics at the flea market 15-20 years ago and picked up the 3d on ebay several years ago.

Fun to collect, I believe the Oil Can Harry cartoons tended to be more musical.

I was fascinated by 3D comics in late '53/early '54, but at a silver quarter apiece, could only afford to buy precious few; the Mighty Mouse's, and a Tor/1,000,000 years ago, which I also still have.

Later on, I acquired a number of others.

Or hooded Nazi hornets ... or green Nazi covers ...

Whatever you got, I wanna see it! :D

Ask and you shall recieve my friend (thumbs u ....

17730522125_5ab6db4375_b.jpg

Neat stuff. I don't think I've seen that one before.