• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

zMyi9HYl.jpg

Super cool. Were there Mexican reprints for all the Frazetta Famous Funnies covers? I also love the "ED" logo on this. Kind of like EC. I have seen it on some Mexican reprints.

I dont know if all where reprinted, i seen others but at a very low grade. I got lucky with this one because this is the only copy i know and the grade is ok for me

Edited by Mijael.Levy

Picked up this one for a bargain basement price.

Champion_2_zps80iuxl8r.jpg

Very cool. I haven't started on Champion yet, but have been slowly working on Champ Comics.

Got this one the other day on eBay, and had to pay triple grade guide to get it :pullhair: Also bid on a similarly graded #21 from the same seller which went for over 11 times guide!!!!

Champ%2018_zpsbqrzgjsk.jpg

Got this one the other day on eBay, and had to pay triple grade guide to get it :pullhair:

Guide is completely irrelevant on those Champs. That's a real toughie; you'll be glad you locked it in. (thumbs u

Very cool. I haven't started on Champion yet, but have been slowly working on Champ Comics.

Got this one the other day on eBay, and had to pay triple grade guide to get it :pullhair: Also bid on a similarly graded #21 from the same seller which went for over 11 times guide!!!!

This is the only one I currently have Billbo :shy:

RADE09ED20141014_155931_zpsa93d241e.jpg

Great snag Bill! I kinda half assed bid on both of those. I've got a few Champs and no Champions. I didn't realize they were so hot...

Here's my copy:

champ21a.jpg

Here's my copy:

champ21a.jpg

Much, much nicer than mine Walter :applause:

This is the only one I currently have Billbo :shy:

RADE09ED20141014_155931_zpsa93d241e.jpg

Have to finish Champ first :rulez:

Wow awesome pickup Pons and awesome books gents!!! Those Champs are SUPER neat!! I too was following and bidding up those books myself so my apologies :blush: The #21 went for big money!!! I definitely paused my bidding in order to add this ACE up my sleeve though!! :grin: I think I only paid somewhere around 40 times guide for it too so don't feel bad but I HAD to have it and treated it like I wouldn't have another opportunity anytime soon if ever...couldnt even make it 2 ft from the from door before I ripped it out of the package lol

18747509495_cea6a6cae3_b.jpg

Wow awesome pickup Pons and awesome books gents!!! Those Champs are SUPER neat!! I too was following and bidding up those books myself so my apologies :blush: The #21 went for big money!!! I definitely paused my bidding in order to add this ACE up my sleeve though!! :grin: I think I only paid somewhere around 40 times guide for it too so don't feel bad but I HAD to have it and treated it like I wouldn't have another opportunity anytime soon if ever...couldnt even make it 2 ft from the from door before I ripped it out of the package lol

Wow, great book, nice pick up, soooo tough to find! That's one of the last Aces I'm looking for. Seems I will probably be looking for a loooong time!

Wow, great book, nice pick up, soooo tough to find! That's one of the last Aces I'm looking for. Seems I will probably be looking for a loooong time!

Thanks Robot that's means a lot man I hold your evaluation in the highest esteem!! you have put together quite the plethora of treasures yourself!! I have only ever seen JB and Myst's copies and both were via the Ace thread. Both higher grade than this but I do think this copy presents very well for the grade it kind of got hammered for the staining and their is a peice out of the back cover but it doesn't affect the ad! I think this copy may go to the GRAVE with me...fitting given it's cover art lol