• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,393 posts in this topic

Quite an epic buy, Gino. I think we should start calling you Mr. Risk. :D:cool:

Are you going to keep it slabbed, or crack it?

:hi: Thanks Jon!!! Im assuming the comparison is because he is sharp, sophisticated, and FEARLESS!! :grin:

As of now I have already read this issue on comicbookplus (so happy they have it) my plans are to keep in encapsulated. With a baby on the way, and 1 year old super curious little boy, and a 4 year old girl (with more friends than me!!) I like the added protection of the case for a book of this magnitude (for me anyways). Now my collection has a self installed keypad lock for the room they are housed in so the kids don't go in there frequently but every so often I leave it open. They do enjoy asking the age old question, "Daddy who and whats that?" :cloud9: So I let them hold and look through the books with them. My son if given a book however will act as a personal document shredder so as of now no touching for him. lol Maybe 18 yrs down the road I will crack them all out but as of right now I REALLY enjoy displaying them. I will be re-reading the issue for sure as its been 2 yrs or so since I last did. There is NO replacement for holding and thumbing a book like this but I am content. Signorelli said the book is extremely solid and thought it would garner a 2.0 but got hit hard for the staining and the piece out on the back so I have my piece of mind knowing that. I appreciate the kind words my friend!! And for your viewing pleasure!!....

Our Flag - "Who is Mr. Risk?"

Super Mystery - "Meet Mr. Risk"

18613627708_6fff7f3602_c.jpg

:hi: Thanks Jon!!! Im assuming the comparison is because he is sharp, sophisticated, and FEARLESS!! :grin:

As of now I have already read this issue on comicbookplus (so happy they have it) my plans are to keep in encapsulated. With a baby on the way, and 1 year old super curious little boy, and a 4 year old girl (with more friends than me!!) I like the added protection of the case for a book of this magnitude (for me anyways). Now my collection has a self installed keypad lock for the room they are housed in so the kids don't go in there frequently but every so often I leave it open. They do enjoy asking the age old question, "Daddy who and whats that?" :cloud9: So I let them hold and look through the books with them. My son if given a book however will act as a personal document shredder so as of now no touching for him. lol Maybe 18 yrs down the road I will crack them all out but as of right now I REALLY enjoy displaying them. I will be re-reading the issue for sure as its been 2 yrs or so since I last did. There is NO replacement for holding and thumbing a book like this but I am content. Signorelli said the book is extremely solid and thought it would garner a 2.0 but got hit hard for the staining and the piece out on the back so I have my piece of mind knowing that. I appreciate the kind words my friend!! And for your viewing pleasure!!....

Nice pics Gino. :applause:

Great Picture! (thumbs u

Thanks Gentleman!!!!! Family FUN for sure!!!...Im actually the player in the family...they are both what I call Piano Pounders at this stage lol but they do show interest and that is what's important. My daughter definitely has music running through her veins...she dances to a beat and sings in key...Its a little early to tell with lil Gino but if I give him a guitar pick he won't put it down for his life and his dancing is awesome!! They have a little piano and both have their own mini age appropriate guitars. My son has a little drum set and they both have childrens harmonicas.

For as long as I can remember my Dad has been in at least one band if not two. He's a life long local yocal but is super talented and can play anything you hand him. He was one of those almost made it big stories from the 70s with his band Dixie Peach. Ive watched him play at the Rock Hall several times. He's opened up for Canned Heat back in the day, Joe Walsh, and more recently Ted Nugent down in Nashville a few years ago. Ive seen the Allman Brothers Dickey Betts sit in with their band several times as well as .38 Specials Jeff Carlisi. Ive gotten to hang out and buy a beer with Billy Joels drummer Liberty Devitto and even Tommy Lee.

Im no prodigy or anything but Im pretty decent. I enjoy playing in my spare time and find it relaxing. If they can find the same joy in it that I do I would be a happy man. Well Im already a happy man...ah you get the point hehe Just living the Dream :grin:

Edited to add: My Pops is the one who got me into comics as well he used to read em to me when I was a little fart. I will never forget when he read me the marriage of Aunt May and Doc Ock!!!!! Good times :cloud9:

Edited by gino2paulus2

Thanks Gentleman!!!!! Family FUN for sure!!!...Im actually the player in the family...they are both what I call Piano Pounders at this stage lol but they do show interest and that is what's important. My daughter definitely has music running through her veins...she dances to a beat and sings in key...Its a little early to tell with lil Gino but if I give him a guitar pick he won't put it down for his life and his dancing is awesome!! They have a little piano and both have their own mini age appropriate guitars. My son has a little drum set and they both have childrens harmonicas.

For as long as I can remember my Dad has been in at least one band if not two. He's a life long local yocal but is super talented and can play anything you hand him. He was one of those almost made it big stories from the 70s with his band Dixie Peach. Ive watched him play at the Rock Hall several times. He's opened up for Canned Heat back in the day, Joe Walsh, and more recently Ted Nugent down in Nashville a few years ago. Ive seen the Allman Brothers Dickey Betts sit in with their band several times as well as .38 Specials Jeff Carlisi. Ive gotten to hang out and buy a beer with Billy Joels drummer Liberty Devitto and even Tommy Lee.

Im no prodigy or anything but Im pretty decent. I enjoy playing in my spare time and find it relaxing. If they can find the same joy in it that I do I would be a happy man. Well Im already a happy man...ah you get the point hehe Just living the Dream :grin:

Edited to add: My Pops is the one who got me into comics as well he used to read em to me when I was a little fart. I will never forget when he read me the marriage of Aunt May and Doc Ock!!!!! Good times :cloud9:

(worship)

Sounds like your life is a very rich one Gino. Congrats!

Beautiful family ya got there pal :applause: I love that you're a musical family. I used to play some guitar when I was a kid & wouldn't trade those times for anything!! Oh and once again, SUPER MONSTER CRAZY Congrats on that Our Flag!!!! KINDA surprised it wasn't used to bump the ACE thread again, but what do I know .... I'm just a poor lowly underbidder ;):baiting:

(worship)

Sounds like your life is a very rich one Gino. Congrats!

Thanks Pons!!!!! That means a lot brother!! :foryou: I definitely consider myself blessed for my family and the friends I have made along the way!! In the words of Papa Tony, "Just rollin' till' the wheels fall off!!" and enjoying every second in between...

except my Cavs who just got Curry'd :cry:

I picked up this AWESOME new-to-the-market book at a local show today!! The local dealer had it on ebay, so I knew it'd be at the show. We worked out a price and BOOM .... in the briefcase it went!!! Russ can't BELIEVE how white the pages are!!! Just how we like 'em .... SOLID upper mid grade with killer colors and ghost white pages!!! Ponseti would've gone over the table after it ;)

Action%2046_zps3aao3kil.jpg

I picked up this AWESOME new-to-the-market book at a local show today!! The local dealer had it on ebay, so I knew it'd be at the show. We worked out a price and BOOM .... in the briefcase it went!!! Russ can't BELIEVE how white the pages are!!! Just how we like 'em .... SOLID upper mid grade with killer colors and ghost white pages!!! Ponseti would've gone over the table after it ;)

lol you are right about that Jimbo. Congrats brother.

Thanks Billbo :) It was a fresh find & it shows!!! Russ just couldn't believe how "fresh" it is!! He thumbed it up for about 10 minutes before we took off for some lunch. GREAT day!!! Funny book show where I picked up some great stuff, then some lunch, then over to Russ' where I got to look at some killer raw books!!! :headbang: THEN I met my daughter for dinner!!! Doesn't get much better than THAT!!!

Thanks Billbo :) It was a fresh find & it shows!!! Russ just couldn't believe how "fresh" it is!! He thumbed it up for about 10 minutes before we took off for some lunch. GREAT day!!! Funny book show where I picked up some great stuff, then some lunch, then over to Russ' where I got to look at some killer raw books!!! :headbang: THEN I met my daughter for dinner!!! Doesn't get much better than THAT!!!

sounds like a great day Jim :)

Nice pickup Jimbo must of made your day!

sounds like a great day Jim :)

Sure does!!! (thumbs u Congrats on the awesome pickup and making a wonderful memory!!