• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

I don't have many early issues, but here's my little lesser grade run :)

action18mfp_zps6bffd69f.jpg

From the Paseo High School yearbook, Kansas City, Missouri, 1945...

soniainfo_zpsqgidsptl.jpg

soniapic_zpsmpozahej.jpg

Cool!

As far as the Zip run is concerned this is THE ONE that has been sitting atop my want list!! I think this one kind of slipped under the radar being in a Weekly Sunday Heritage Auction as I definitely had to stay up late to snag it but sure happy I did!! Classic Nazi Grim Reaper bloody sickle V for Victory Larger than Life Black Jack Steel Sterling Burning Building Flame Cover lol:cloud9:

Congrats Gino, that is a very cool book.

Thanks Brother I appreciate that!!! (thumbs u

I love this book, great snag Gino ! :applause:

As far as the Zip run is concerned this is THE ONE that has been sitting atop my want list!! I think this one kind of slipped under the radar being in a Weekly Sunday Heritage Auction as I definitely had to stay up late to snag it but sure happy I did!! Classic Nazi Grim Reaper bloody sickle V for Victory Larger than Life Black Jack Steel Sterling Burning Building Flame Cover lol:cloud9:

Thanks Greg!! I was singin Yankee Doodle when it arrived ;) (thumbs u

It's a great book, although if I have could have stayed awake until the Z's, you would have had to pay more for it. :D

:acclaim: Thanks Gosh for zzz

A friend of mine recently picked this up at a show and was nice enough to work out a trade for it with me. I've always loved this cover because of the great colour combinations and the action, not to mention Schomburg's early work. Needless to say I was ecstatic to get this copy.

Mystic2cgc6%200A_zpst99tecdu.jpeg

Super MONSTER early, killer Schomburg cover Timely with white pages in solid mid grade??? You kicked major pooper on this one my friend :headbang:

I definitely agree with this sentiment that cover and copy :headbang:

Fresh pick up, thanks to a boardie :) Thanks Billy Boy (thumbs u

shadow4_zpstp9tiuii.jpg

I was SOOOO close to throwing up the I'll Take It!! on this one but had some other stuff in the works!! what a great copy of a very cool book congrats!! :applause:

I don't have many early issues, but here's my little lesser grade run :)

action18mfp_zps6bffd69f.jpg

From the Paseo High School yearbook, Kansas City, Missouri, 1945...

soniainfo_zpsqgidsptl.jpg

soniapic_zpsmpozahej.jpg

Cool!

VERY COOL!!!! New pedigree??????

That's AWESOME!!!!!!!!

shadow4_zpstp9tiuii.jpg

I was SOOOO close to throwing up the I'll Take It!! on this one but had some other stuff in the works!! what a great copy of a very cool book congrats!! :applause:

Thanks Gino!!! And thanks for having something else in the works. I wanted it when Bill sold/traded it to Billy, so I was happy to have a shot at it. :banana:

shadow4_zpstp9tiuii.jpg

Luckily I didn't see this as I would have thrown up the I'll take it. I've always wanted a copy of that book. Great pick up, congrats!

A friend of mine recently picked this up at a show and was nice enough to work out a trade for it with me. I've always loved this cover because of the great colour combinations and the action, not to mention Schomburg's early work. Needless to say I was ecstatic to get this copy.

Super MONSTER early, killer Schomburg cover Timely with white pages in solid mid grade??? You kicked major pooper on this one my friend :headbang:

Thanks for all the nice comments guys! :)

shadow4_zpstp9tiuii.jpg

Luckily I didn't see this as I would have thrown up the I'll take it. I've always wanted a copy of that book. Great pick up, congrats!

shadow.jpg

Larson is way better than mine tough book to find!

Very cool book Twistty! Looks like it could be maybe a "Chinatown" pedigree copy?

shadow4_zpstp9tiuii.jpg

shadow.jpg

that looks like it would fit real nice into my collection :whistle:

great book buddy!!

Very cool book Twistty! Looks like it could be maybe a "Chinatown" pedigree copy?

Funny you say that actually. My friend and I thought the same thing, but I compared the characters and they look a little different. I've asked my father in law and he only recognized one character but not the other.

shadow4_zpstp9tiuii.jpg

Thanks Twistty!! Yeah, I'd have been pretty bummed to have missed out on it again :ohnoez:

shadow4_zpstp9tiuii.jpg

shadow.jpg

Ain't a thing wrong with your copy Jack!! Love it :headbang:

This pre Mr. Justice issue features one of the earliest 'boy heroes'. And yes a sidekick of sorts: To a Dog! But not just any dog, but Rang a Tang, the Wonder Dog! it's The Amazing boy Richie making his debut in this one, coming to the rescue of none other than Charlie Chaplin himself (christened 'Harly Shaplyn' in the story)i guess for legal reasons. If / when i get this graded i will inform CGC it should go noted :sumo: . The duo became a fixture in the title. Engrossing Hollywood caper. Blue%20Ribbon%20Comics%206_zpsvx3zsxyd.jpg

This pre Mr. Justice issue features one of the earliest 'boy heroes'. And yes a sidekick of sorts: To a Dog! But not just any dog, but Rang a Tang, the Wonder Dog! it's The Amazing boy Richie making his debut in this one, coming to the rescue of none other than Charlie Chaplin himself (christened 'Harly Shaplyn' in the story)i guess for legal reasons. If / when i get this graded i will inform CGC it should go noted :sumo: . The duo became a fixture in the title. Engrossing Hollywood caper. Blue%20Ribbon%20Comics%206_zpsvx3zsxyd.jpg

TRULY AMAZING! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

mm