• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

Saw the Pumpkins when they opened for Jane's Addiction on 23 Nov 1988. I hear they became pretty popular after that. Still have the ticket from that show.

Was Jane's the better show?

Saw the Pumpkins when they opened for Jane's Addiction on 23 Nov 1988. I hear they became pretty popular after that. Still have the ticket from that show.

Was Jane's the better show?

By far. Jane's rocked the house. The Pumpkins had been playing for about 6 months before that, and it showed. Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlain were good, but D'Arcy and James Iha were God awful. They got heckled, too. A lot of calls for "Freebird" and such.

Angelo

Really Cool! I only have one problem with the way they are setting up the show. Since they are playing for 90 min for 3 or 4 consecutive days I read where they will be playing different songs on each day. They better play 1979 and Tonight, Tonight. mad.gif

If they are playing 270-360 minutes total, and are only playing songs once, they probably will play every song they ever recorded.

Yup.

Janes is much better. Saw the pumpkins at Lolapalooza on 1993 I believe it was. Billy is stuck on himself, has not much more to offer. Didn't he kick out Chamberlin anyway? Why would they tour together?

Yup.

Janes is much better. Saw the pumpkins at Lolapalooza on 1993 I believe it was. Billy is stuck on himself, has not much more to offer. Didn't he kick out Chamberlin anyway? Why would they tour together?

Yeah, he did. Jimmy was partying with their touring keyboard player and the guy OD'd. Corgan kicked Chamberlain out of the band after that incident. But they kissed and made up once Chamberalin cleaned up. Certain lead singers like have their drummer with them: Corgan & Chamberalin, Perry Farrel & Steve Perkins, etc.

Angelo

Not exactly a "comic room" per se, this is the wall of the prepress room at my office. The comic panels were scanned as black-and-white and colored in Photoshop. I then ran the colored layers through a screening filter to get the Lichtenstein effect. (I know they're fairly random.. that's actually what I wanted.) They were printed on smooth vinyl on an eco-solvent printer and applied to the wall with wallpaper glue.

People seem to dig it, and it lets us fly our geek flag.

ncgwall2.jpg

ncgwall1.jpg

Not exactly a "comic room" per se, this is the wall of the prepress room at my office. The comic panels were scanned as black-and-white and colored in Photoshop. I then ran the colored layers through a screening filter to get the Lichtenstein effect. (I know they're fairly random.. that's actually what I wanted.) They were printed on smooth vinyl on an eco-solvent printer and applied to the wall with wallpaper glue.

People seem to dig it, and it lets us fly our geek flag.

ncgwall2.jpg

ncgwall1.jpg

smirk.gif

Fantastic!! I love it. Out of curiousity do you know how huch it cost per panel? I would love to have a panel done for my comic room.

Nice look.

Thank you. I have few more pieces that I will be adding in the next week or so, that will be migrating to another wall. The wife says "My *spoon*" has to stay in one spot, Yet she's the one who told me about a few of the pieces.

cloud9.gif

Very cool!

Wolverton, Kirby, and Feldstein! thumbsup2.gif