• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

So I'm finally drunk enough that I'm not horribly wracked with shame. Let's call these "before" pictures...

I won't show you the rest of the overflow. Because I have some pride. Not much, but some. I aspire to display areas, original art and reclaiming my living space. We'll see how that goes.:)

Hoarding is not healthy, I'll go over there and help clear all that stuff out for you. Heck I'll even do it for free :grin:

But seriously that's a pretty big collection.

My OCD would never allow this. :eek:

Mine neither! Someone needs to have a garage sale

It's been driving me a bit nuts (which is why it's spread halfway across the house). I got the comics and books out of storage and finally got them up off the floor and out of boxes. Everything else is still boxed up but I'm selling it as quickly as possible.

But over the next month I should have time to organize at least the books-they'll be the easiest to winnow, and they'll free up more storage for me.

Hey everyone,

I've been meaning to post these pics for a few weeks now but got a little lazy. Basically, my house is not big enough to have my own comic room. Instead, I have turned my classroom at work into a bit of a comic room.

I'm a high school history teacher and I thought it would be more interesting to put posters up of comic and movie related material rather than pictures of old world leaders. The students I teach (ages 14 - 18) seem to enjoy it for the most part and ask lots of questions. I can also relate most characters or teams to my history courses, so it leads to a lot of fun conversations.

Here a a few pics. Enjoy!

IMG_6388.jpg

IMG_6389.jpg

IMG_6390.jpg

IMG_6391.jpg

IMG_6392.jpg

IMG_6395.jpg

Edited by edu77

Awesome! I too am a high school history teacher and I use every chance I get to bring comics into my lessons. I especially love that you've got a G.I. Joe poster up there and I love the Boba Fett too!

I've got an ESB poster in my classroom along with a piece of foamcore with xeroxed copies of various war comic covers. My kids get a kick out that stuff. Not too many are comic readers, but they go see the movies.

One of these days I'm going to teach an elective class on the history of comics.

I can't believe the school let you do that...cool, just hard to believe....cool, just thinking of how you pitvhed the idea.. hm
\

Didn't have to pitch the idea. I just did it. I believe the saying is something like "it is better to ask for forgiveness than permission".

I have a lot of other teachers who like the theme room, and when someone asks about it I always relate back to issues we discuss in history.

When I was a teacher ( retired after nearly 30 years in the profession) I used to xerox my comics that contained any literary or histroical allusions such as my copy of Superman 28 with Samson, Atlas, and Hercules on the cover as well as the many covers that would use the Lilliputians capturing Gulliver which is featured on many covers. Of course I needed the principal's approval and he thought it was a great idea. I would also post xerox pictures of Alex Shomburg artwork on his "Nazi covers" while reading any Holocaust related literature. Although teaching middle school wasn't easy, I miss it now and then and feel I made a contributiion to society.

SLR

PS--Good luck with your career. I know it sounds corny, but teaching is indeed an honorable profession!!

Edited by Stevenrams

So I'm finally drunk enough that I'm not horribly wracked with shame. Let's call these "before" pictures...

From the doorway:

DSCI0004.jpg

The left comic rack:

DSCI0006.jpg

(I skipped the computer) And here's the bookshelves in the corner (there are many, many more scattered throughout--they're more socially acceptable):

DSCI0007.jpg

My little Amazon sales area. Where I keep the law books, some DVD sets and older video games I'm selling:

DSCI0008.jpg

The right comic rack:

DSCI0005.jpg

Sadly, my collection has overflowed to the living room:

DSCI0003-1.jpg

DSCI0002-1.jpg

I won't show you the rest of the overflow. Because I have some pride. Not much, but some. I aspire to display areas, original art and reclaiming my living space. We'll see how that goes.:)

Hoarding is not healthy, I'll go over there and help clear all that stuff out for you. Heck I'll even do it for free :grin:

But seriously that's a pretty big collection.

That was my first thought!

IMG_6395.jpg

"Please explain to Mr Fett why your homework assignment is late.

And dont say your sarkacc pit ate it...."

lol

That's awesome :applause:

Getting high school kids into comic books with those posters is great :)

That X-Men:Second Coming poster looks awesome :grin: