• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Hopefully this will be the first in a series of pictures I will have to show you guys over the coming months or years.

To Sufunk: Yeah, old house are great, the craftsmanship that they used to employ back then just cant be matched today. Nothing against new houses, it just wasn't an option my wife and I even thought about.

That front yard is probably considered tiny up there but here in South Florida that is HUGE! To get a front yard like that, you either gotta drop 2 million or live out in the boonies of unincorporated Broward county! :(

I'd kill for my kids to have a yard like that! You can practically spit from my front door and hit the street :censored:

Edited by sufunk

I moved both my display cases next to each other. Just a little re-org in the comic room

updatecomicroom.jpg

These cases are awesome! Too bad the nearest Ikea is over an hour away from me, and I doubt the box would fit in my car. I thought about buying a couple over their website, but Ikea charges more to ship these than they are charging for the display case itself. Maybe I'll rent a pick-up truck one day and pick up 2 or 3.

You can buy them on eBa for $159 shipped for free. You can't beat that deal. These suckers weigh 90 lbs!

Buy 'em online and have them delivered...

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10011055/

The problem is that the shipping cost is outrageous.

Ikea is quoting a shipping cost of $149!

Also, $159 total on Ebay is not that good either. The units cost only $64.99 each if you buy them in store.

It makes more sense for me to rent a pickup for the day to drive an hour and pick them up in store.

I moved both my display cases next to each other. Just a little re-org in the comic room

updatecomicroom.jpg

These cases are awesome! Too bad the nearest Ikea is over an hour away from me, and I doubt the box would fit in my car. I thought about buying a couple over their website, but Ikea charges more to ship these than they are charging for the display case itself. Maybe I'll rent a pick-up truck one day and pick up 2 or 3.

You can buy them on eBa for $159 shipped for free. You can't beat that deal. These suckers weigh 90 lbs!

The problem is that the shipping cost is outrageous.

Ikea is quoting a shipping cost of $149!

Also, $159 total on Ebay is not that good either. The units cost only $64.99 each if you buy them in store.

It makes more sense for me to rent a pickup for the day to drive an hour and pick them up in store.

for sure if you buy more than one, that is a much wiser investment, and you can grab other stuff too while your there.

Thanks for the info... I was digging around looking for these.

Thanks for the link, I've been trying to find something to put my statues in, besides individual acrylic cases. That display case may be just the thing for my new room.

.. do Slab-Pro's come in a Clear/Translucent finish, or are they just Black? I do like the look of them in Black (yours look GREAT), but I think my decor would suit a Clear finish.

.. do Slab-Pro's come in a Clear/Translucent finish, or are they just Black? I do like the look of them in Black (yours look GREAT), but I think my decor would suit a Clear finish.

They are rubber, so no clear, but they do have a variety of colors.

Here's the start of my comic wall...below this there will be 2 Detolfs with the good stuff in it ;)

3e711687.jpg

That is sweet! (although you're driving my OCD crazy not having them in alphabetical order! lol )

I bought a Slab pro a few weeks ago at my LCS to see if i liked them. Pretty cool but my only complaint is they dont fit quite snug enough on the book imo. Looks like from your pic some are more snug than the others maybe. Mine isnt quite snug enough and sags down over the label a little worse than your Iron Fist 14 one does. If they fit just a little more snug i'd like it much better (shrug)

Here's the start of my comic wall...below this there will be 2 Detolfs with the good stuff in it ;)

3e711687.jpg

That is sweet! (although you're driving my OCD crazy not having them in alphabetical order! lol )

[font:Book Antiqua]Maybe I am wrong,

but looks to me like they are

in Chronological order...[/font]

[font:Book Antiqua] [/font]

:gossip:

[font:Book Antiqua]Maybe I am wrong,

but looks to me like they are

in Chronological order...[/font]

[font:Book Antiqua] [/font]

:gossip:

:headbang::applause:^^

Ah, good call! My OCD can accept that then lol

I just noticed also that it looks like the slab pro that fits the best is on the GS Xmen1 which is one of the fatter slabs.

Was that just a standard Slabpro or do they come in different sizes? I actually like them but they just didnt fit well on a regular size slab imo and i dont like the way it sags on the 1 i have. If they fit nice and tight though on the larger slabs, i'll definitely buy a handful more to display some of my books that are in those fatter slabs.

I bought a Slab pro a few weeks ago at my LCS to see if i liked them. Pretty cool but my only complaint is they dont fit quite snug enough on the book imo. Looks like from your pic some are more snug than the others maybe. Mine isnt quite snug enough and sags down over the label a little worse than your Iron Fist 14 one does. If they fit just a little more snug i'd like it much better (shrug)

Make sure you don't have it on backwards...it doesn't seem like it at first, but there is a difference. What you see as "sagging" over the labels on mine is actually the plate holders pushing down on the rubber. If you end up buying a bunch of them, make sure you email or call slab-pro as they will give you a discount if you buy in bulk (I only bought 20 and got $5 off each one).