• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,304 posts in this topic

IT MADE IT INTACT AND IN 1 PIECE! Well....multiple pieces and it was a BEAST to put together.

That sucker weighed close to 100 lbs. and it was like dragging a dead body. So I unpacked it and it was actually packed really well!

So well I will try my luck again and order another one!

Funny thing though...it almost didn't survive. Just like anything IKEA I swear you have to be Swedish to understand how it all goes together sometimes.

This has to be built right and tight. I am right and tight. I got it all together and thought it was ready to go. Loaded it with some slabs, Six Million Dollar Man figures.

Walked into the kitchen to get some water and heard the loudest crash. OH S H IT!

But amazingly enough everything was fine! No broken glass, but everything was at the bottom of he case and the side glass had worked it's way out of the channel cause the top shelf was just barely out of the groove.

So I took it apart, got everything re-seated 100%, tightened it down and it's good to go now!

Whew.....

I'm glad it made it! Maybe I'll think about Ebay or Amazon then don't know if I can wait till August though! Ehhh I want this room to be done before I take photos...I want it to look awesome!!!

Edited by Murphy_5

IT MADE IT INTACT AND IN 1 PIECE! Well....multiple pieces and it was a BEAST to put together.

That sucker weighed close to 100 lbs. and it was like dragging a dead body. So I unpacked it and it was actually packed really well!

So well I will try my luck again and order another one!

Funny thing though...it almost didn't survive. Just like anything IKEA I swear you have to be Swedish to understand how it all goes together sometimes.

This has to be built right and tight. I am right and tight. I got it all together and thought it was ready to go. Loaded it with some slabs, Six Million Dollar Man figures.

Walked into the kitchen to get some water and heard the loudest crash. OH S H IT!

But amazingly enough everything was fine! No broken glass, but everything was at the bottom of he case and the side glass had worked it's way out of the channel cause the top shelf was just barely out of the groove.

So I took it apart, got everything re-seated 100%, tightened it down and it's good to go now!

Whew.....

I'm glad it made it! Maybe I'll think about Ebay or Amazon then don't know if I can wait till August though! Ehhh I want this room to be done before I take photos...I want it to look awesome!!!

It was here within 5 business days....UPS. The seller doesn't scre around!

I was looking at mine and just guessed lol

Sad that I actually knew that off the top of my head but I just bought mine and was measuring beforehand because I wanted to make sure my big Great Ultron statue would fit on top of it. I didnt want it to be too close to the ceiling so I had to look up the dimensions on it before I went and bought it.

Well it's not a room exactly. Some people have family photos on the walls of the stairway. I think this works much better.

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

Very awesome display :applause: !!!!

I'm in the early stages of turning our grandson's TV room into my comic room, since he'll be moving away soon. It's not really big enough to be called my Man-cave, it's more of a "hole". But I'm not about to call it my Man-hole.

Not too sure why this room looks so big in these pictures??? But everything is much closer than it looks. This room is maybe 10' by 12' looks much better in person too oh well when Aug. comes I'll get some updates Chicago Con here I come!

Yeah it is, I want to put a Detolf there but that will wait till Aug when I get up to Chicago. We don't have an Ikea store in St. Louis :( I try to keep the room thinned down because I don't want it too cluttered. But I will def have some new stuff after Chicago comic con. Hopefully a couple CGC's and some more key issues. All my long boxes are in the closet by Batman...he protects them lol