• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,303 posts in this topic

I posted to quick and didn't get to compliment you on the nice display and good use of space. Now I can show my wife what all the other wives let their husbands display around the house. Lon

Be prepared for a cold, lonely winter lol

:roflmao:

Ah yes, the... "you can keep your 'stuff' as long as I don't have to see it," speech.

I am not allowed any comic related items outside of my room. The house is HERS :makepoint:

Edited by Waylander

Again, TOO COOL!!!

Out of curiosity, just how good of condition is that AF15???? Looks awesome man!

Thanks the AF 15, FF 1 and ASM 1 are original books but were coverless (or tattered covers) so I sent them to Classic Incorporated and had cover recreations done. These are the original books with Matt Nelson's covers. I love it because his covers are exact replicas (recreations) and I can read the original books in all their glory!!

I figure I will get my encapsulated copies later but these came in at half to one third the price. AF around 1K FF around 600 and ASM around 500. The covers cost 150 and he does a restro-check etc. here is the website:

http://classicsincorporated.com/services_recreation.htm

:sorry::sorry:

Edited by ComicDoc

Ah yes, the... "you can keep your 'stuff' as long as I don't have to see it," speech.

I am not allowed any comic related items outside of my room. The house is HERS :makepoint:

I am fortunate my wife actually likes the books especially as decorations. She really likes the Heroclix, statues, and thinks the Archie OA I bought is cool so looks like I am going to get more OA!! :banana:

That is an incredible set up. Makes my den look rather plain. My wife enjoys comics and statues as well and likes the way I've decorated the den. I'll try to post pictures if I can figure out how to add them to posts.

lol, that sounds really filmilure!

You poor bastuds...my lady allows it in every room of the house, including our bedroom. In fact, I have 4 comic racks from Borders loaded with books on HER side of the bed. Epic!

how were you able to get a room ???!!?!?!

It's called begging and pleading :insane: - Oh and my Man Cave was our garage with a false floor and wall - not utter luxury. We have a simple deal - I get my Man Cave and she can do what she likes with the rest of the house. I am cool with that except for the pink bed linen :sick:

You poor bastuds...my lady allows it in every room of the house, including our bedroom. In fact, I have 4 comic racks from Borders loaded with books on HER side of the bed. Epic!

I do have a cunning plan - our next house, I will get the biggest room to display all my stuff. I would love to have my statutes etc around our house, but truth be known, my two year old would have the last laugh and broken pieces, torn comics and OA would litter my house. I would hate to see a 9.4 SA comic become a 1.8 at the hands of my son.

Guess I'm lucky my wife doesn't "LET ME" I tell her I'm going to do something and she doesn't mind.My whole bedroom is my comic room.Every wall in the room has OA hanging,with four huge shelves holding my books. :banana:

Guess I'm lucky my wife doesn't "LET ME" I tell her I'm going to do something and she doesn't mind.My whole bedroom is my comic room.Every wall in the room has OA hanging,with four huge shelves holding my books. :banana:

My wife has never curbed my comic spending - moaned yes, but never said no, so she is TOP GIRL (thumbs u. Just she does not want to look at them 24/7. Hey fine by me, means I get to hang and geek out in my room in peace and quiet :banana: